Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   I've been busy... (/showthread.php?t=99555)

antonye 23-Apr-2012 23:52

I've been busy...

1 Attachment(s)
...but what a pain that was!!

chris.p 24-Apr-2012 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
...but what a pain that was!!

Ooooh, get those tubes;)

Chris:burn:

skidlids 24-Apr-2012 22:36

Shouldn't they be red for Hot water, then again if its going to sit in the garage Blue will do :p

MJS 25-Apr-2012 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Shouldn't they be red for Hot water, then again if its going to sit in the garage Blue will do :p

:lol: :lol:

Clearly I should get some blue ones for mine as well

bikercub 25-Apr-2012 13:40

Kinda shame you cant ride with the fairing side on tho :(

antonye 10-May-2012 10:25

1 Attachment(s)
Managed to get some time in the garage this weekend and swapped the forks over. Luckily I've done this before on the DD bike so it took less than an hour start to finish.

A quick snap - the old calipers are still on the brake lines and the new calipers are in a box waiting to be fitted in this pic. I've converted the front wheel to run the 996R disks and it all lines up fine.

Next job is to get some spacers made up for the front wheel... but I've noticed that the banjo bolts on my brake lines are all corroded so I'd like to replace them as well... :rolleyes:

khu996 10-May-2012 11:22

Ant, are you using the original 748 wheel?

Did you have to use some special spacers to get it all to line up?

antonye 10-May-2012 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by khu996
Ant, are you using the original 748 wheel?
Did you have to use some special spacers to get it all to line up?

Yes, I'm using my original 748 wheel but with 996R disks (15mm offset) instead of the original disks (10mm offset). This means that the wheel and disks all line up properly on the axle, but I just need to make up some spacers to sit the wheel in the right place. You could use 5mm spacers on the wheel, but a pair of disks came up cheap enough instead!

I've picked up a couple of oem spacers and will be turning them down to get the right spacing, but will post on here what that is one they're done.

ChrisBushell 10-May-2012 15:19

Quote:

I've picked up a couple of oem spacers and will be turning them down to get the right spacing, but will post on here what that is one they're done.

Let me know when you want me to put them in the lathe then!

Chris

khu996 11-May-2012 00:18

Quote:

Yes, I'm using my original 748 wheel but with 996R disks (15mm offset) instead of the original disks (10mm offset). This means that the wheel and disks all line up properly on the axle, but I just need to make up some spacers to sit the wheel in the right place. You could use 5mm spacers on the wheel, but a pair of disks came up cheap enough instead!

Top man! I look forward to reading about it and seeing the finished pics!