Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   cadwell track day tyres (/showthread.php?t=6678)

Mike Davis 17-Apr-2004 00:15

That was the official word from the Dunlop importers on 208RR`s when I rang to see when our back order from Begining of January was due to arrive.

Mind you the rep has been promising since October last year.

AndyVR6 17-Apr-2004 09:54

Steve - would you be able to fit on the evening beforehand by any chance?

psychlist 17-Apr-2004 12:26

Oh I dunno Roy?

Quote:

Originally posted by Triple Nine
WE WON'T NEED WETS WILL WE:mad:

Depends if Pete's taking the R along :sing::roll::sing:

tyreman 17-Apr-2004 16:18

we will be there thurs eve,happy to fit/changeover or balance

weeksy i here theres are party in your room

tyreman

AndyVR6 02-May-2004 08:16

Quote:

Originally posted by tyreman
dunlop 207 rr

120/70zr17 £70.50 inc
180/55zr17 £89.30 inc

Steve,

Those RR's sound like a bit of a bargain. Are they not too popular, or are Dunlop just giving a good deal on them? What time do you reckon you'll be fitting until on Thursday evening?

Am still pondering that elusive compromise for road and track use, having just the one set of wheels. On my race 600 I used to do 1:45's at (pre-chicane) Cadwell, but that was a bike I didn't mind binning. On my shiny 916 I'll probably be a bit like Driving Miss Daisy!!

cheers
Andy

Jon 03-May-2004 11:52

Andy I've been offered quite a few good deals on 207's. I tried them or rather the rear with a 208gp front. I'm very impressed, I think they are quite good in the wet also.

Felix 03-May-2004 21:58

I agree with Jon about the 207 RR's being good in the wet. I used them at last year's DSC trackday at a very wet Mallory and they were ace.

AndyVR6 05-May-2004 09:56

207RR\'s / Diablos

Ok, so it sounds like the 207RR's a worth a try. How do they compare with the Diablos (standard or Corsa) that we hear so much about, anyone?

Am just finding my way around road tyres again, having spent a few years racing on KR364's, Mich inters and 207GP's. If the RR's bear resemblance to the GP's then I'd guess they'll be good allrounders.

Mind you, now that I'm back on the road, on a super shiny Duke that I mustn't bin, I find myself squaring-off my Pilot Sport rear! Am reluctant to do the trackday on the Michelins though, from what's been said about them robbing the bike of feedback and grip.

Andy

Mike Davis 05-May-2004 20:51

Diablo`s are more expensive than 207RR`s but are much more stable and more predictable than the RR`s

Jools 05-May-2004 21:04

I've just switched from 207RRs to Diablos. I've only done a big ride out to the north west megameet so it's a bit early to tell, but they felt heaps different to the dunlops.

I felt that the dunlops gripped well enough but felt they were slow to warm up. For me, the dunlop profile makes the bike drop into corners quickly, which might suit some riders who want to speed up the steering, but I prefer the diablos which seem to allow you to place the bike anywhere you want to go with more accuracy.

They felt good over the cat and fiddle, even when i was well below par riding wise