Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   McWilliams Sacked (/showthread.php?t=21341)

beancounter 31-Aug-2005 12:34

McWilliams Sacked

Seems that Paul Bird has sacked Jeremy McWilliams for racing in MotoGP at Brno.

Apparently Jezza "forgot to mention it" to Bird, having been out of action for months (Jezza) with a shoulder injury.

So, didn't exactly set BSB on fire Mr McWilliams, did he ?

JPM 31-Aug-2005 12:36

No shock there I guess, it's a bit like doing a sicky at work and being caught down the pub by your boss

TP 31-Aug-2005 12:41

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
No shock there I guess, it's a bit like doing a sicky at work and being caught down the pub by your boss

Except the pub isn't globally televised!

And the commentators watching the pub were always going to mention that you were there, and your boss was always going to be watching the coverage ...

MJS 31-Aug-2005 12:57

Good opportunity for Paul Bird though - like Beancounter says, hasn't done much in BSB has he? Bit of a disappointment for the team I would have thought...

Steve M 31-Aug-2005 13:12

A lot of the private Hondas have struggled this year - the AM Hondas in ASB, Bostrom/Chilli in WSB etc and McWilliams hasn't been able to ride since before the Stobart bikes were getting half decent results.

Paul Bird back to Ducati next year if Airwaves go WSB ???

Totto 31-Aug-2005 13:27

Think Bird was just waiting for his chance , he was quoted as saying Laverty was his number one rider for next year & no so called hot shots :D

Good chance for Laverty to shine

skidlids 31-Aug-2005 13:29

Quote:

Originally posted by Totto
Think Bird was just waiting for his chance , he was quoted as saying Laverty was his number one rider for next year & no so called hot shots :D

He doesn't intend having Shakey back then

JPM 31-Aug-2005 13:31

That's part of the problem with these teams who jump from a sorted RS spec race bike out of the crate, expensive yes, but prepped and on the pace from day one, to a pretty much standard road bike with a few extras, look at Renegade they started the year with a kitted blade, and the 2nd bike for Bostrom was a road bike!!

You're not going to win or even get on the podium with something like that at the top level, I imagine Birdie and Mark Griffiths are kicking themselves with the utter lack of points etc this year.

The preverbial saying comes back again to haunt them... "you pays your money...."

Totto 31-Aug-2005 14:14

Quote:

Originally posted by skidlids
Quote:

Originally posted by Totto

He doesn't intend having Shakey back then

NO

I thought maybe at first , but read that Shakey is Dorna's golden child to get viewing figures up in UK , same way they used Mc Williams

I Could be talking C**p though :D

JPM 31-Aug-2005 14:22

Last weeks MCN did a feature which talked to various BSB team bosses who all pretty much said they didn't want him because of his ego and what he would want to ride in a lower series, being a GP boy now :rolleye: