Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Birthday Present, (/showthread.php?t=78696)

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:43

Birthday Present,

5 Attachment(s)
Well its not actually my birthday till later in the month but yesterday I was allowed to open my present :)

Arrived at my dealers at 09.00 and the box was waiting outside for me, it did not take me long to get the transport crate off and the bike revealed in all its glory.

Then came the work as we wheeled her into the work shop and placed her on a lift next to my 1098R a ducati workshop smock was provided (which I was allowed to keep at the end of the day) as I started to strip down the Bayliss one of the mechanics (Niko) was busy removing all the parts from the 1098R that I was planning to swap over, working on my new bike was a pleasure hard to describe as I have only ever picked up bikes that had already had their PDI so for me it was something special to know that I was doing the work on the bike myself (with a bit of help from the mechanic) its amazing how time flies and it was soon 18.00 everything had been done with just the final part of the PDI to be completed, unfortunately the indicators from my 1098R were flashing too fast, so we needed to get the exhaust off again to place a ballast block to resolve the issue, as it was time for the workshop guys to go home we decided to leave it until the morning to finish off.

Once the shop was locked up myself, wife the dealer, workshop Forman and Niko the mechanic took time to reflect on my new bike over a few beers, that done it was a quick change of clothes and a fantastic meal at a local restaurant organized by my dealer (Claus) with his wife (Connie) and the workshop Forman (Ralf) 01.30 AM saw us saying good night and heading home. All in all a fantastic day and one that will not be forgotten in a hurry, just need to wait now for the weather to improve and take her for her first run out of the year.

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:44

5 Attachment(s)
More :)

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:46

5 Attachment(s)
A few more :)

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:47

2 Attachment(s)
Last ones

Jasper 04-Mar-2009 19:56

Absolutely stunning!! Very Jealous.

ENGAKATS 04-Mar-2009 19:59

for sure a fine birthday present!! :D:D

enjoy it!

skidlids 04-Mar-2009 20:03

Someone said you had bought an old crate,
maybe they should have mentioned it contained something to make many a person jealous

antonye 04-Mar-2009 20:09

Very, very nice Paul, you're a lucky man :D

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 20:26

Thanks Guys, Just need good weather for cadwell in June now :)

Chef 04-Mar-2009 21:26

Very very nice............

Looks a lot nicer in your photo's than the promotional stuff...

antonye 04-Mar-2009 21:41

Those Akras look the nuts.

What's with the strange shaped Bayliss bag in the box? Is it a special cover?

Dukey 04-Mar-2009 21:46

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Cadwell.

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Those Akras look the nuts.

What's with the strange shaped Bayliss bag in the box? Is it a special cover?

Yep its the cover, will take a pic once i put it on :) bit dissapointed that there was no performance air filter included like there was with my 1098R not sure if this was an oversite by Ducati but my dealer gave me one FOC anyway :)

Steve GD 05-Mar-2009 06:14

Paul, that is worth getting old for. Absolutely beeeautiful bike, you lucky man! One question, though....I thought you were based in Denmark, not Germany?

Bionicle 05-Mar-2009 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve GD
Paul, that is worth getting old for. Absolutely beeeautiful bike, you lucky man! One question, though....I thought you were based in Denmark, not Germany?

Hi Steve, Yep I am based in Denmark, but live on the Danish\German border with a property in Germany, so to avoid the excessively high tax rates here in Denmark I buy and register my bikes in Germany :)

Jools 05-Mar-2009 12:22

Lovely bike. Add me to the jealous bastid list

chris.p 05-Mar-2009 18:30

1 Attachment(s)
And another one of Paul's bikes for me to thrash around Cadwell on:D

Chris:burn:

Bionicle 05-Mar-2009 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
And another one of Paul's bikes for me to thrash around Cadwell on:D

Chris:burn:

In your dreams Bro, in your dreams :)

baylissboy 05-Mar-2009 20:02

Looks the dogs!!

Can't wait for mine to arrive!!

KeefyB 06-Mar-2009 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
unfortunately the indicators from my 1098R were flashing too fast, so we needed to get the exhaust off again to place a ballast block to resolve the issue, as it was time for the workshop guys to go home we decided to leave it until the morning to finish off.

The Hypermotard has a hidden ECU menu that you can select if you are fitting l.e.d indicators.It saves you fitting resisters in circuit.Suprised the 1098R has'nt the same thing.
Mind you,with DDA,DTC and Lord knows what else,the ECU probably cant manage any more in/outputs!
Lovely bike,way better in the metal than under bike show spotlights.
Jealous,...moi!!??:rolleyes:

antonye 06-Mar-2009 19:01

I bought a pair of Pyramid indicators for the Hyper, and as Keefy says, you can adjust the flash rate through the system menu on the clocks. Luckily the indicators came with optional balast resistors, so if you want them you're welcome to em. Just let me know!

Bionicle 07-Mar-2009 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
I bought a pair of Pyramid indicators for the Hyper, and as Keefy says, you can adjust the flash rate through the system menu on the clocks. Luckily the indicators came with optional balast resistors, so if you want them you're welcome to em. Just let me know!

We had some there m8, but thanks for the offer, never knew about the flash rate adjustment through the system menu as mentioned by "Keefy" will have to go ask my dealer about that next week.

Paper work for the registration should be through on monday so as i have to have NF (the area in Germany where the bike is registerd) i have opted to go for

NF
B 21

Monty 07-Mar-2009 11:49

Very nice Paul-and a personal plate too.

See you complete with bike at Cadwell.

John

Bionicle 07-Mar-2009 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
Very nice Paul-and a personal plate too.

See you complete with bike at Cadwell.

John

look forward to meeting you again John and yep i will have the bike with me for sure

Bionicle 15-Mar-2009 14:02

3 Attachment(s)
Got all the paper work last week and went to pick her up yesterday, fortunatly while cold it was at least dry, Was very cautious on the new rubber as the temp has not been up much over 6 degrees so cold roads and cold rubber ment a cautiouse ride home, however it was great to be on a bike again not having had the chance since Sept last year, was planning to take a ride out today but the weather decieded that was not going to be the case, however better weather is planned for next week :) so untill then i am just sitting and looking at her.

Steve GD 15-Mar-2009 14:17

The weather is beautiful here, more like June than March....all the police have been given the day off and the speed scameras have all broken down. I don't hate you very much. :)

The bloody thing even looks good in its cover, for pete's sake.

Lucky man, Paul....enjoy!

007 15-Mar-2009 20:34

Simply awesome, you're a very lucky man!

Enjoy :devil:

Bionicle 18-Mar-2009 05:51

Got out yesterday afternoon it was sunny but still only around 8 degrees did a short 120k trip :)