Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Biposto (/showthread.php?t=232562)

Col996s 28-Jul-2013 18:10

Biposto

My 996 is a Biposto.
Today I took my 24 year old daughter out for a rare pillion ride.
I have always thought this and today confirmed it. My bike seems to handle much better 2 up. It seems to turn in better and cornering seems smoother. I'm no Rossi so am I imagining this or do I have a point? It would make sense that a 2 seater would be set up to handle best with 2 people.
If this is true which settings would improve solo riding?
I know that the rear spring is stiffer on a Bip but would this effect cornering?

Any comments or am I just talking cods?

skidlids 29-Jul-2013 12:03

The extra weight over the Bips stiffer shock spring should make it more compliant and although it will sit down at the rear a tad more and hence rake out the front end slightly, providing your not riding it as if on a race track the bike will probably lay into corners a bit better, especially the sweepers and the higher CofG will probably increase the rate that it drops over onto its side

hawkati 22-Aug-2013 18:12

i can sort of confirm this, though it depends on the size/weight of the passenger! Hannah's a perfect fit since she's the size of a postage stamp & weighs damn all. She's got the whole weight transfer thing sorted so i barely notice her & the bike seems a tad more settled, especially on bumpy country lanes (hard to avoid in the shire)
Then again i have to admit to winding it on a shade more when on my own, so it's probably that extra 10% more attitude that makes things lairy....erk.