Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Hants Region meet Sunday (13th February - 1pm) at Popham airfield (/showthread.php?t=83882)

Dementor 06-Feb-2011 12:50

The Hants Region meet Sunday (13th February - 1pm) at Popham airfield

The Hants Region meet Sunday (13th February - 1pm) at Popham airfield, just off the A303. (don't forget to ride all the way down to the club house - ignore the car park sign).

Some of us meet at Loomies Cafe at 11:00 for the ride to Popham.

PLEASE KEEP THE SPEED DOWN WHILST ON THE AIRFIELD ROAD

Join up for a chat and rideout.

We normally leave Popham for the rideout at 1:45pm. (weather permitting)

Directions

Coming from London M3 take left fork onto A303 just past junction 7. Continue past airfield and take slip road to Micheldever Station to double back other side of A303.

Coming from the West along A303 take slip road for Overton/Micheldever Station, and continue as if going back onto A303.

Coming from Winchester turn left at M3 junction 9 onto A34 then fork right onto A33. Continue until left turn to Micheldever just past Ideal Garage. Follow signs to Overton. Turn right immediately after going under A303 flyover

REMEMBER - During all rideouts every rider is expected to act responsibly and is deemed to be in control of their bike at all times.
There is no reason for individuals to ride outside of their ability. There is no need to play "Catch-up". Prior to any rideout all those involved should be made aware of the route and destination. A system for junctions etc. should be used to ensure riders are not left behind or feel pressured in any way to ride in a fashion that they are not comfortable with.

Dementor 12-Feb-2011 18:26

Weather forecast looking c**p so I'll see you at Popham, I'll be the one IN the White Beemer :(

skidlids 13-Feb-2011 09:08

I'll be in the White Van :)

Senna3 13-Feb-2011 09:14

ill be on the blackmulti wot a lot of girlies :frog: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dementor 13-Feb-2011 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna3
ill be on the blackmulti wot a lot of girlies :frog: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good man.....how's the head? :D

bradders 13-Feb-2011 11:52

I was going to try the bike but the Mrs fancies a run in the car...see you in the BLUE beemer ;)

Dementor 13-Feb-2011 16:45

Great turnout s**t weather !

Bravery award goes to Senna riding down from Oxford :)

Good to see, Senna, Skidlids, Steve & Shell, Paul & Nicky, Tim, Kim, Psychlist, PeteB, Eddie and Paul Payne.

Hopefully better weather next month!

steve byatt 13-Feb-2011 21:21

Must of been good nearly got chucked out of the cafe they wanted to go home lol

skidlids 13-Feb-2011 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
s**t weather !

Can't have been that bad the new 998 didn't get a bit dirty :)

Good to see everyone and good to know Kev got back safely on his Numpty and avoided the A34 as the spray was hurendous with car drivers driving far to close to the car in front

Still better it rains today rather than next Sunday :p

Dementor 13-Feb-2011 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Can't have been that bad the new 998 didn't get a bit dirty :)

I think vans as bike Winter protection could catch on Kev :lol: