Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Weights (/showthread.php?t=99607)

steeevvvooo 24-Apr-2012 08:30

Weights

so, what did everyone weigh at Snetterton?

I wanted to weight the whale, but as it was missing bits and covered in a couple of kilos of mud I gave it a miss. The marshals stuggled to pick it up so I'm guessing my bike is one of the heavier ones :eek:

Bionicle 24-Apr-2012 10:01

Having held that bike up waiting in scrute line last year i know its alot heaver than mine is, but having seen Paul racing it last year i dont think that its weight was ever holding it back, add the fact that Paul is also slightly heaver than you i doubt you have a dissadvantage over any other class B bikes out there.

bradders 24-Apr-2012 10:02

it will be around 170-175 kilos Steve (depending on how much fuel), which I think quite a few are. Lighter ones always seem to be SS chassis. Get a set of scales and weight front then rear and add together

steeevvvooo 24-Apr-2012 10:42

I wasn’t making excuses :D but was interested as I know a lot of bikes went to get weighed but I didn’t manage to. I know Bradders did the bike justice last year :)

It’s more for reference really

848spence 24-Apr-2012 12:22

Mine is one heavy weight, weighing in at 172kgs with only about 2 litres of fuel in it. Going to be trying to make her lighter, so faster for next round :D

dunlop0_1 24-Apr-2012 12:41

Common knowledge that my 184kgs last year at Snett was about the heaviest. Didn't slow me down though ;)

ells 24-Apr-2012 12:59

I just use a set of bathroom scales and weigh each end in turn. Its not accurate but good enough. Come to think of it there was a spreadsheet done in 2009 season at Brands.

I think power and combined weight do play a part in the performance but dont think its the complete story.

Good to know and get the best advantage possible.

Mark
:)

848spence 24-Apr-2012 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Common knowledge that my 184kgs last year at Snett was about the heaviest. Didn't slow me down though ;)

Yeh same here, 3 2nd places not too shabby ;)

PDL 24-Apr-2012 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ells
...I think power and combined weight do play a part in the performance but dont think its the complete story...:)

Use your brakes less it'll make up any difference

bradders 24-Apr-2012 17:28

you have to work harder in the corners, simple as that, more so if pilot and bike a tad larger...and a slippy bike like Maty's ;)