Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Exhaust hanger set-up.. (/showthread.php?t=79924)

mogwai 01-Jul-2009 11:15

Exhaust hanger set-up..

Morning all,does anyone have a pic or link to an exploded view of the hanger set-up for 748-998 series bikes ?.

Just coming to the end of a mini-overhaul and want to get it right,previous owner to me must have lost some spacers/washers because something doesn't seem right..!

Cheers all..MOGGERS.

smilo006 01-Jul-2009 12:27

don't have a picture just now.
However the figure of 8 component needs 2 rubber spacers in it. They are quite thick with bevels around each face. On to each of the four faces then fit four washers with a neck that fits into the spacer, so that the face of the frame or the strap or bolt do not deface the spacer.

Getting them on is a real pain. The bolts you need are also pretty long. Longer than all the others on the bike. The best way to fit that I have found is to fit the strap to the figure of 8 first but don't screw the bolt right in then fit this to the bike.

Shandy 01-Jul-2009 17:49

If you download one of the parts catalogues from the link below for the 748/9**, they have some great exploded views of how it all goes together.

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/servi...l?family=parts

Cheers,

Shandy

mogwai 01-Jul-2009 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shandy
If you download one of the parts catalogues from the link below for the 748/9**, they have some great exploded views of how it all goes together.

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/servi...l?family=parts

Cheers,

Shandy

Excellent stuff !! Drawing 19 is the one im after..see how much i'm going to get stung for the bits now !! The little ali brackets a i have (item 6),are solid one half not holed both ends.

Cheers all for prompt replies.Moggers.

smilo006 02-Jul-2009 17:41

Think I have some of the rubber gromits, if they are pricey from your local Ducati Dealer!!

Odd the figures of 8 clips I have are in fact are hollow at both ends.

antonye 02-Jul-2009 18:46

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I had a couple of these, but when I checked I could only find the one in the attached pic. I think these are from a different model than the 916 line.

It's yours if you want it though!

mogwai 02-Jul-2009 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
I thought I had a couple of these, but when I checked I could only find the one in the attached pic. I think these are from a different model than the 916 line.

It's yours if you want it though!

Many thanks for offer Ant,definitely different though.