Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Gibbontwat to Ducati (/showthread.php?t=23749)

Guido 06-Nov-2005 22:35

Never was there a time when the saying "Make or Break" is more fitting......

Think he has talent....the real racers metal brain etc...? I'm not sure about after this year. Guess we'll see during the first tests at Jerez in the New Year. Although the first race will be a more telling test for him.

andyb 07-Nov-2005 09:12

Im sure every one commented like this last year with "careless chuka"!:D

baylissboy 07-Nov-2005 09:31

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What are Ducati thinking about????

Rossi's already got Giveupnow beaten,mentally & on the bike,at least he'll have some new excuses!!
I think his first one is "red doesn't suit my riding style!!":pig:

AK 07-Nov-2005 09:36

I wonder what this could do to potential sales figures for Ducati sportsbikes next season.
Will surely loose the 'must haves' that will buy the latest model based on their favourite race god............

Rob B 07-Nov-2005 09:47

Hmmm... I've never liked Sete and his performance this year has seen more unforced errors than ever, BUT, his season has some interesting stats.

He's the best qualifier, won the BMW by over 2 secs. He's led more race laps than anyone else, but critically, not the last yard of those important last laps......................

I'll get my coat.

skidlids 07-Nov-2005 09:56

I wonder what Sete's developement skills are like, when he was on a non factory bike in 2004 he got it to a level that was better than the works Honda's and was a challenge to Rossi. This year his factory bike was also very fast, mainly in quallifying but was also up the front of a few races before he had a rush of blood to the head.
Maybe over the winter testing he will help take the bikes developement forward especially in partnership with Bridgestone.
Agreed Ducati need to pickup a young up and coming rider at some point but they also need to keep their development on pace with both Yamaha and Honda and ahead of Suzuki and Kawasaki and for this you need a rider that can push the bike to the limit which is something Sete can still do as he proved by picking up a BMW car this weekend.
Hopefully when next season gets under way Ducati will be in a position to push for a win from the very first race.
Time will tell !

Brogins 07-Nov-2005 14:33

..well we sack a Spanish for another Spanish..
back home...AREN'T HAPPY......
Brogins

yeti 07-Nov-2005 14:39

Quote:

Originally posted by CK and AK
I wonder what this could do to potential sales figures for Ducati sportsbikes next season.
Will surely loose the 'must haves' that will buy the latest model based on their favourite race god............

No way is he a race god now surely????

yeti 07-Nov-2005 14:41

Quote:

Originally posted by skidlids
I wonder what Sete's developement skills are like, when he was on a non factory bike in 2004 he got it to a level that was better than the works Honda's and was a challenge to Rossi. This year his factory bike was also very fast, mainly in quallifying but was also up the front of a few races before he had a rush of blood to the head.
Maybe over the winter testing he will help take the bikes developement forward especially in partnership with Bridgestone.
Agreed Ducati need to pickup a young up and coming rider at some point but they also need to keep their development on pace with both Yamaha and Honda and ahead of Suzuki and Kawasaki and for this you need a rider that can push the bike to the limit which is something Sete can still do as he proved by picking up a BMW car this weekend.
Hopefully when next season gets under way Ducati will be in a position to push for a win from the very first race.
Time will tell !

Good points Skids, lets just wait and see shall we.

Maybe the Gibbon will develop the bike to a level that will allow Cappirex to win more races? Cos lets face it, I can't see the Gibbon doing any winning, not after Vale mindfu*ked him!

skidlids 07-Nov-2005 15:06

Exactly John, Loris is still a winner but he needs to start the season on a par with the likes of Rossi and not playing catch-up all the time and if that is something that Sete can help them with then it will be a sound move.
Now lets get a proper Ducati satellite team sorted and get some young guns on them and groom them for a future in the works team