Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   marnin! (/showthread.php?t=79601)

hawkati 02-Jun-2009 15:13

marnin!

dipping toes into the shark infested waters of online ducatidom.......

been generally abusing a 996 for the last 3 years - it's not what you'd describe as showroom condition, putting up with a minor amount of commuting, general hooning, and outright abuse at trackdays.
apart from wrecking my wrists and acting as my therapist, it's main impact has been to stall the completion of the hawcati*

*wierdit honda hawk(like a bros), but with 996 top fairing, tank, airbox, tailpiece and exhausts, hence name. also got zxr 400 front, vfr800 rear wheel. oh, and a Mille engine. Still vaguely attempting to sort this by august.

i realise this might be heresy to some of you, but it's something i started years ago, and i've now got the 996, so forgive me?

been online on performance bike mag's forum for a while now, under same name - i heartily reccommend them as a really good bunch of people!

anywayse, i'll have a rummage and see if i can learn something from y'all - cheerdy!:devil:

Murray Mint 02-Jun-2009 15:19

Welcome mate, would like to see the complete project some day or at least some pictures of the work in progress.

hawkati 02-Jun-2009 15:29

no worries - taken a few pics - old school film camera, so need to get disc done when film developed, and then dive into internetty cafe, since cannot upload pics here, in case it corrupts my soul or summat....

skidlids 02-Jun-2009 15:47

welcome to the board
easy way to get pics up is get Scottie from PB around with his camera then he can either get them in the mag or upload a few on the web

hawkati 03-Jun-2009 12:05

severely tempted to po along to wargrave on sunday, but i've probably got to zoop over to suffolk - dad's birthday......
seeyas'all soon!

skidlids 03-Jun-2009 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkati
severely tempted to po along to wargrave on sunday,

Don't think anybody will be at Wargrave

Sunday's Oxon/Berks rideout is planned around meeting at Faringdon and heading over to the Cotswolds before looping back to Oxford and finishing up at H-Cafe, Should be meeting Dave and Brenda who live in Wargrave over at Ma Larkins just outside Chipping Norton about 11am

hawkati 08-Jun-2009 16:36

cheerdy - was more than a little indisposed, so didn;t get out on the bike all weekend. Shame, would have been pleasant, despite the rain.....
no worries, hope to catch some of you soon!