Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Back Protectors - Recommendations (/showthread.php?t=32856)

phillc 29-Jun-2006 13:11

Back Protectors - Recommendations

As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for good back protectors. I thought the members here might be able to make some good suggestions regarding excellent products.

My one piece leathers currently fit very nicely thankyou. So, I'd rather something that was "slimline", while still offering a high level of protection, although I expect to pay more for such an item.

Thoughts?

domski 29-Jun-2006 13:26

Knox

http://www.planet-knox.com

stumpy1 29-Jun-2006 13:29

Knox.

TopiToo 29-Jun-2006 13:33

Hello phillc,

I bought a Knox back protector, but not sure if practical for a one piece leathers, Infinity motorcycles at St.Margarets roundabout stock them.
Worth going in and getting them to measure your back, as they all come in different sizes.

I found the Knox to be very comfortable and I think they are priced at around £80-90.

Good luck.

TopiToo

Loz 29-Jun-2006 13:35

Knox 2000 - the longer race version as opposed to the touring one, as it protects the base of the spine. Top piece of kit.

domski 29-Jun-2006 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopiToo
I bought a Knox back protector, but not sure if practical for a one piece leathers

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

...but OK with shorts and T-shirt?

:lol:

phillc 29-Jun-2006 13:48

Thanks for the responses everyone! I should have been clearer in my initial post, but I guess I was looking for a more specific answer than just "Knox". :-)

I'll head into my local bikestore, wearing my leathers, and ask them to try on a Knox 2000.

Thanks again!

TopiToo 29-Jun-2006 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by domski
:confused: :confused:

...but OK with shorts and T-shirt?

:lol:

Easy Tiger . . .:lol: although it was a dumb post:frog: just read it back

TopiToo

domski 29-Jun-2006 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopiToo
Easy Tiger . . .:lol: although it was a dumb post:frog: just read it back

TopiToo

;) :)

domski 29-Jun-2006 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillc
Thanks for the responses everyone! I should have been clearer in my initial post, but I guess I was looking for a more specific answer than just "Knox". :-)

I'll head into my local bikestore, wearing my leathers, and ask them to try on a Knox 2000.

Thanks again!

They don't do the one that I use anymore, but it's very very good and it's been tested.

I think it was about £80.

I guess, like with everything, you get what you pay for.

Knox are recognised at the best brand (like Arai etc) so I don't think you'd buy a 'bad' one.

That new £99 slimline one looks great for racing, but even better if you can go and try one.

A must for racing though ;)