Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   L.E.D. rear lights (/showthread.php?t=14672)

trevor999 10-Mar-2005 09:42

smart boy!
but your wrong.
its an r6 light the right way up!!!.
it looks alot smaller in real life , if you no what i mean.
or maybe ive lost all context of size.:bouncy:

dave w 10-Mar-2005 10:15

Quote:

Originally posted by trevor999
smart boy!
but your wrong.
its an r6 light the right way up!!!.
it looks alot smaller in real life , if you no what i mean.
or maybe ive lost all context of size.:bouncy:

Trev....Looks good mate... have you run the wires back through the tube ?? What you going to do about the indicators :puzzled:

yellowisfriedegg 10-Mar-2005 10:36

I still can't see what the point is , why not just buy a Nova ? :(

Derek 10-Mar-2005 12:48

Quote:

Originally posted by yellowisfriedegg
I still can't see what the point is , why not just buy a Nova ? :(

If it's just for bling value I agree but if the bike only has a single bulb, like my 900ss or (I believe) the ST4s I'm about buy, then LED's have a few advantages. They don't suddenly blow and leave you in the dark with no rear light. They light up much quicker than incandescent filaments so when used for the brake light they prompt a quicker reaction from following traffic.

trevor999 10-Mar-2005 20:27

sorry Davew been out to look at bikes.
the cable connects into connector at the top of the tube (as the cable is captive). there is nothing in this kit that will not be reversable to the bikes normal state if you get my drift. the indicators are an integral part of this light.
Derek
if you view the bike from normal angles you see very little of the light. thats the main deal for me but i know where you are comming from as i have read many articles on this.
Yellowisfriedegg
The standard lights comes off a pan european top box thats the point. But then again everyone likes something different thats why all bikes look diff. i think there called corsa's now!!!

Shazaam! 10-Mar-2005 20:39

Trevor,

You're right, LED arrays alone are very directional and shouldn't be used for tailights and directional indicators. However, when the LEDs are placed behing a lens designed to spread the light over a wider viewing angle, there's no problem. Since these lights come off an R6, the lights have to meet each country's regulatory requirements for brightness, visibility etc. so this set-up presents no problems.

Road Runner 10-Mar-2005 20:49

Looks great are they legal or will plod pull you ??:puzzled:

trevor999 10-Mar-2005 20:55

Road Runner
Do'nt think the plot would have any reason for pulling you.
not sure if they would pass M.O.T. but my mate who sells these has had people phone him back and tell him that the lights pass through M.O.T.

pedro 10-Mar-2005 21:00

not sure on the carpet mate?:(

trevor999 10-Mar-2005 21:09

axminster £30/m
we did'nt like it thats why its in my garage.