Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Ignition key replacement??????? (/showthread.php?t=11356)

flemse 27-Oct-2004 19:35

Ignition key replacement???????

Any one knows where i can get a replacement for the ignition key on a 999 '05.. The bike is just for race and don't wanna use the key, just want a switch....

Have seen one for the 748/916/996/998 but was told it would'nt work...

Any ideas anyone..

Regards Flemming

JPM 27-Oct-2004 20:10

JHP?

Nelly?

nelly 27-Oct-2004 22:49

That'll be a tough one as the key is chipped to the bike. Unless you can decode the ECU to run without the security feature, I think you're stuck with a key as the switch

flemse 27-Oct-2004 22:54

Did not think it would be that difficult, damn.....
Ok have contacted Tec-moto and JHP for any ideas what ECu are we talking about the same that controls the injection or ????? Going to put a powercommander III usb on it would that help??

Flemming

madmav 27-Oct-2004 22:56

key! dash ! and ecu all coded to work with each other me thinks! :(

nelly 27-Oct-2004 23:19

It's the same ECU I'm afraid. Controls the whole shooting match.
It's possible to turn the secruity feature off I think, you just need to find someone in your neck of the woods that can do it.
The software I have has a feature to disable the key I think and I'd guess the Mathesis tester that the dealers use could do it to. worth asking the question.........

flemse 27-Oct-2004 23:24

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled: WHYYYYYYY do it have to be so difficult, thank you Ducati, it was a bit easier on the 998S i had before...

Flemming

KeefyB 27-Oct-2004 23:47

Quote:

Originally posted by madmav
key! dash ! and ecu all coded to work with each other me thinks! :(
\
Mav is correct.
There is a chip in the keys that are coded to the chip in the clocks and the ECU.I've been told by my dealer that the ECU has some sort of flash memory that cannot be reprogrammed.
I guess there must be someone,somewhere that makes an override wiring loom/system.I cant remember the WSS 749's using a key.

flemse 28-Oct-2004 00:01

Quote:

I guess there must be someone,somewhere that makes an override wiring loom/system.I cant remember the WSS 749's using a key.

Just my point......

skidlids 28-Oct-2004 00:03

does not a replacement ECU that comes with Termis bypass the flash memory problem encountered with the original standard ECU