Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   DD meeting on the 18th of November (/showthread.php?t=37839)

Tonio600 18-Oct-2006 13:05

DD meeting on the 18th of November

1 Attachment(s)
I can't find the thread in which I made a few suggestions about how the club could run DD next year... Anyway, I do remember it was following a post about the same topic by Madmav and also my suggestions were welcomed by the current Chairman of the club (which made me happy as Larry).

That's why I've decided to write them down:
- not to forget anything
- and because I wanted to have already thought about the issues before turning up on the 18th.

This is only a draft.
This may contain a lot of rubbish.
And I may be an utopist.

Feel free to comment, just don't be rude :)

Cheers
Tonio

Dougducati 18-Oct-2006 13:24

Kofi Annan for El Piloto!!

Fair play Antoine. Nice to see something constructive.

Redruth 18-Oct-2006 14:06

I read this because I'm coming to the DD meeting and thought it very constructive and well laid out Antoine. Sorry if that sounds a bit patronising but it's the only thing I've read so far that makes an attempt to address problems that I don't understand, being a non-racer.

I think the idea of having members pay an extra £10 as a fee for being part of the 'DD RS' is a very good solution to address concerns from ordinary DSC members worrying that their membership fees are being diverted into activities in which they have no interest.

All Very constructive, Antoine, well done. Will make for some interesting discussion at the DD meeting, methinks.

Ozz 18-Oct-2006 14:09

Good work Tonio, a lot of sense in there....

Murray Mint 18-Oct-2006 14:14

Good document Tonio, gets my vote.

Tonio600 18-Oct-2006 14:25

thanks for your comments guys, appreciated.

NBs996 18-Oct-2006 14:27

That's some great initiative antoine, some ideas there which can be taken seriously.

But can can we be rude anyway, Just for the entertainment value?

everton 18-Oct-2006 14:35

I'm glad this is taking place and hope that it kicks off in the morning or I won't be able to come :( I'm out in the afternoon - lot's of round and oval ball events taking place and I'm already triple booked!!

As a potential (significant) sponsor of a DD rider next year I'm obviously very interested in the outcome.

I have one question, in addition to this well crafted piece -

WHO WILL CHAIR THE MEETING?

The chair person needs to be independent (as far as possible) and not a member of the MT or DD and no, I'm not volunteering, otherwise I forsee a lack of control

Tonio600 18-Oct-2006 14:37

RedRuth gets my vote.

phil_h 18-Oct-2006 14:55

Good work Antoine.
I have a couple of comments -
first, I dont think il piloto ( or la pilota) should be _expected_ to attend every race meeting,
and secondly, should _not_ be the only person talking to NE - they should be able to delegate that.

Re chair for the meeting - who it actually is this time isnt important per se - its just that they need to have a very firm hand on the proceedings, and not be one of the current 'protagonists'. We have a couple of volunteers, who presumably wouldnt ahve volunteered unless they have had to chair antagonistic meetings before ?