Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Nurburgring Desmo due style (/showthread.php?t=33755)

madmav 21-Jul-2006 22:32

Nurburgring Desmo due style

WOULD we be able to get a hundred bikes to do a enduro race at the nordshliefe?????
I might have the oppertunity to hire the complete track for one day in 2007!
76 bends and 13.6 miles
well the talks are going well,but I need to finalise with hotels etc in the area which I will be doing next week!

anyone think it could happen?
DD and some DSC road bikes !

I dont think I will have much problem selling the Idea to the general public , but I thought this would make a great weekend for you lot!
I have also got another venue at the right price in Poland details coming shortley!
feedback would be nice.....mav

Loz 21-Jul-2006 22:37

Hmmm ... interesting! Huge undertaking, mind!
An early indication of cost per head will help. I'll be watching this thread with interest, but one question ... is it really going to be racing or will the more casual trackday rider be welcome?

madmav 21-Jul-2006 22:42

Loz, I'll go with the flow on this... The fact is I thought it might turn out a bit like a track day split into 4 sessions 25bikes on track at any one time would give you plenty of room and may even help the slower riders enjoy it!
The undertaking side is no problem for me as I could fill the spaces with joe public with 1 advert in the MCN...It was and is just a thought for the DSC...mav

Rattler 21-Jul-2006 23:00

Mav - you da man !!!! Great idea, will it float - fug knows - but all power to ya fella. If it happens, count me in!!!

Tim

Rob 998s 22-Jul-2006 00:27

Count me in for road bikes Mav. Awesome circuit. Would be great to give The Ring another visit.

Rally 22-Jul-2006 00:35

Mav, you can put me down as a definite right now. Just having it for bikes only would be great... but only 25 bikes spread over 13.6 miles? I'm totally there.

bradders 22-Jul-2006 09:08

you really are mad....count me in!! I'm following Rally round.....

clint 22-Jul-2006 10:01

Count me in Mav.
Bikes only....great.

Clint.

Dougducati 22-Jul-2006 10:26

Sounds like an insane idea. I'm in. (As long as I don't need to take out a mortgage of course!!)

I'm sure if you're short on takers other Ducati Clubs in Belgium, Holland, Germany etc. would be able to drag a few people along.

Fastfasulli 22-Jul-2006 10:40

That sounds like a great idea. I am a dd'er if if the price was right etc etc I would certainly think seriously about this one. Even if I ended up going on a road bike

Good luck sorting it