Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Wanted:dvd/Hdd recorder (/showthread.php?t=79458)

Jasper 17-May-2009 22:24

Wanted:dvd/Hdd recorder

I am after a dvd/HDD recorder..Not alot of money to spend,has anybody got any recommendations?It must be HD/HDMI and surround sound,as it's going with an LG 42" LCD 1080.I already have a home cinema set so,that bit is not essential.There are so many out there,it's doing my head in.Any advice welcome(well within reason!!).

Magpie 17-May-2009 23:54

don't bother.

seriously.

i install AV stuff for a living and find these combined DVD/HDD things a pain in the ****. they're ok if you're ultra-geeky, but not that intuitive otherwise.

as for things with in-built amps and surround? forget it, worth nipping down to richer sounds and grabbing a cheap AV amp and dvd player.

do you really need a HDD anyway?

magpie.

Jasper 18-May-2009 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie
don't bother.

magpie.

Probably not.I do need a new dvd player though.So would still like the recorder option.

keith888 18-May-2009 08:19

Hi Jasper,

We got a Sony RDR-HX680 6 months back and been very impressed with it. Its very usable and doesn't crash unlike others. The hard drive is great and editing video footage is easy. May be better models out there now though.

Keith

Col996s 18-May-2009 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie
don't bother.

seriously.

i install AV stuff for a living and find these combined DVD/HDD things a pain in the ****. they're ok if you're ultra-geeky, but not that intuitive otherwise.

as for things with in-built amps and surround? forget it, worth nipping down to richer sounds and grabbing a cheap AV amp and dvd player.

magpie.

I have a Sony (not sure of the model). It is a piece of cake to use and I'm certainly not ultra-geeky. Far easier then the video recorder that it replaced!