Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   DSC Euro track day? (/showthread.php?t=23073)

JPM 18-Oct-2005 13:59

DSC Euro track day?

After several people have shown interest in doing some foreign TD's I've spent a bit of time surfing looking for one where a few of us might meet up etc, see below:-

Jerez Spain 26th January / 4th February 2006, No Limits

£899 1st 4 days
£1149 last 6 days
£1549 10 days
Other durations can be arranged, please call for details

Prices include:
Open pit lane
5* accommodation
Bike transport

No flights included, or evening meal from the looks of things

Almeria Spain 27th - 30th April, 1st - 2nd May 2006, Hottrax

3 days on track, flights, 4* hotel, full board, bike transfer (from Cirencester), all transfers £949

Almeria Spain 27th - 30th April, 1st - 2nd May 2006, Hottrax

3 days on track, flights, 4* hotel, full board, bike transfer (from Cirencester), all transfers £899 - can't really see what the difference is between the two to be honest

Custom packages available also..

Track Sense - various dates/packages see below

ALMERIA CIRCUIT . . . FRIDAY 04 TO SUNDAY 06 FEBRUARY '05 . . .
2 track days £219 for 2 days (Friday & Saturday only)
3 track days £269 for all 3 days

JEREZ GP CIRCUIT . . . FRIDAY 18 TO SUNDAY 20 MARCH '05 . . .
2 track days £239 for 2 days (Friday & Saturday only)
3 track days £299 for all 3 days

GAUDIX CIRCUIT . . . FRIDAY 22 TO SUNDAY 24 APRIL '05 . . .
2 track days £149 for 2 days (Friday & Saturday only)
3 track days £199 for all 3 days

ALMERIA CIRCUIT . . . MON 19 TO WED 21 SEPTEMBER 2005 . . .
3 days £249 2 day option not available

JEREZ GP CIRCUIT . . . FRIDAY 21 TO SUNDAY 23 OCTOBER '05 . . .

ALMERIA CIRCUIT . . . SATURDAY 26 TO MONDAY 28 NOVEMBER '05 . . .

2 track days £219 for 2 days (Saturday & Sunday only)
3 track days £269 for all 3 days

ALMERIA CURCUIT... FRIDAY 03 TO SUNDAY 05 FEBRUARY '06 . . .
2 track days £249 for 2 days (Friday & Saturday only)
3 strack days £299 for all 3 days

Bike transport extra - £205 from Cirencester, addition costs for collection:-

Drop off & collect at Lymm near Manchester £89 per bike return (pallets £45)
Drop off & collect near Carlisle £109 per bike return (pallets £55)
Drop off & collect at Kilmarnock £129 per bike return (pallets £65)
Drop off & collect at Ligh****er in Surrey £49 per bike return (pallets £25)

Hotels:-

2 STAR HOTEL IN JEREZ TOWN . . .
2 sharing a twin room: £19 per person per night including breakfast.
Single occupancy: £29 per night including breakfast.

4 Star in almeria
2 sharing a twin room: £35 per person per night including breakfast.
Single occupancy: £49 per night including breakfast.

4 star in Guadix
Twin/double: £35 per person per night incl. breakfast
Single: £49 per night incl. breakfast.

There are a few others yet to be investigated...

Dibble 18-Oct-2005 14:17

oooh, those Hottrax dates end of April look superb ..........

KP 18-Oct-2005 14:22

TOF's will have some too, you may want to check their site?
I went to Jerez and thoroughly enjoyed that (I think - having had my first track crash!).
Speaking to others who went there, Estoril is a favourite in the spring time with TOF's. The hotel they use is very close to the circuit, very nice and a really good weekend for the better halves.

KP

Dibble 18-Oct-2005 14:26

http://www.tofsracing.co.uk/Members/index.htm

no events for 06 yet but worth keeping an eye on .... good shout KP

WeeJohnyB 18-Oct-2005 15:01

Always check out what the package includes/excludes. They are not all the same and sometime difficult to compare. Sometimes what looks cheap really is and if that's what you want, fine, otherwise, some look cheap and ain't once you've added everthing on. In saying that, I can't recall anyone ever saying they had a bad experience with any UK operator, but it depends on what you're used to I suppose.

Check out what you get for your money that's of any use to you whether it's ease of organisation, quality of hotel which range from very basic B&B/2* hotels right up to 5* inc pool/sauna/steam/gym/massage/free internet access, secure parking, number of UK staff available to help you, number of UK instructors, tyreman, mechanical help, transponders, free tea/coffee/drinks and cakes, bike transport usually adds around £200, plus any local pick up charge, often as much as another £100 and check out what you can carry, they are often really restricted on what you can take. Flights to Jerez at the moment are only £39.98 return for late Jan.

The biggest thing for me is whether it's open pit lane or not. I cannot explain the difference it makes, it's SO much better than the usual three groups, you just come and go as you please, totally relaxed, no pressure to perform when someone tells you to, just go out when you want to, come in when you want to. I was in Jerez for 4 days last year and one day I didn't go on circuit until after lunch, purely cause I didn't need to and would have plenty of time in the afternoon. One day, by eleven, there had only been one bike out and that was one of us, whilst the rest of us lazed around in sunshine.

Oh I can't wait.....I'm already booked up for 6 days to Jerez.

WeeJohnyB

Ian Harris 18-Oct-2005 15:19

Despite coming from totally the other end of the ability spectrum from WJB, I'd still completely endorse his comments on open pitlane. When I was out in Jerez with Focused Events, I was one of the slowest on the circuit, but it was the best track time I've ever had. I normally tried to time my sessions just as a bunch of fast riders were coming in, and it worked superbly. Even when I was on track with some seriously fast blokes, there were no problems. Also, I found loads of short sessions a lot more profitable in terms of learning, as I could happily come in as soon as I found my attention wavering, rather than grimly stick it out to the end of my session because I wouldn't be able to get back on track for another 40 mins.

KP 18-Oct-2005 16:07

Completely agree with Ian's comments on open pitlane. I can't endorse it enough (& I too was one of, if not the, slowest).

ali 18-Oct-2005 16:52

Would love to do 4th Feb at Jerez if I'm fit enough.

WJB: Is the DSC 10% still in force? If so it's probably doable. :D

Cheers,

Ali

MJS 18-Oct-2005 17:19

Again, potentially interested in this, but as with the 'ring trip, it would depend on dates and finances, which I'm fairly confident wouldn't extend to both :(

Cheers
Martin

[Edited on 18-10-2005 by Urban996]

yeti 18-Oct-2005 18:03

Haven't No Limits got any dates other than late Jan? Personally I think thats a bit too early. I well remember Cartagena in Feb last year - I'm still looking for me nuts, and as for them porr brass monkeys....

Martin Ducati Glasgow 18-Oct-2005 18:11

To echo yeti's post!

Jan / Feb in Spain is a bit touch and go weatherwise!

We've been to Jerez 3 years running (end April / May) and seen the rain a few times!

It's VERY fast drying up at the right time of year but it's a lot of dosh to spend if you can't guarantee the weather. (waiting a few weeks makes all the difference!)

Just a thought!:)

JPM 18-Oct-2005 18:17

Jon/Martin that's exactly my concern also, even last week we had a wet morning, which did dry out fairly quickly in 30C sun, but not as quick as you might expect...

I'm angling towards March/April myself

Rattler 18-Oct-2005 18:43

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
Jon/Martin that's exactly my concern also, even last week we had a wet morning, which did dry out fairly quickly in 30C sun, but not as quick as you might expect...

Freak - as you seem to be the man sorting this out - count me in!!!!

Id' fancy a late March early April trip, open pit lane, ideally in Jerez (otherwise any Spanish track will do) - can you sort it??? ;)

Ta muchly
Tim

JPM 18-Oct-2005 18:52

Quote:

Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:

Originally posted by JPM

Id' fancy a late March early April trip, open pit lane, ideally in Jerez (otherwise any Spanish track will do) - can you sort it??? ;)

Ta muchly
Tim

No problem M'lord!!

Any specific requirements...

Actually I know a few of the Scottish mob are planning another, and might even be organising their own jaunt. Also I've had a chat with a mate of mine who has just finished another year in the KRC Endurance championship and is already thinking of sorting a foreign trip out, so that might also be a possibility

Dibble 18-Oct-2005 19:04

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM

Ta muchly
Tim

as per our chat at Brands Tim, i'm with you, get that noted JPM ......

ali 18-Oct-2005 19:04

Same here, prefer March or early april, Jerez would do nicely.... :D

ericthered40 18-Oct-2005 19:23

That sounds like the one for me :)

andyb 18-Oct-2005 19:30

Ooh, now that sounds ideal......

Jon 18-Oct-2005 19:36

Well if his lordships in then surely his butler will be. Dibble can be the doorman;)

yeti 18-Oct-2005 19:41

Count in the Yeti

Brogins 18-Oct-2005 20:02

...So I need to start to save for March/April?? ... hopefully I am still here around at that time.. and fancying the trip!
...Do you accept an immigrant into the gang??

[Edited on 18-10-2005 by Brogins]

Jon 18-Oct-2005 20:07

Quote:

Originally posted by Brogins
...So I need to start to save for March/April?? ... hopefully I am still here around at that time.. and fancying the trip!
...Do you accept an immigrant into the gang??

[Edited on 18-10-2005 by Brogins]

More the merrier Bogins:)

Rattler 18-Oct-2005 20:39

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM

Ta muchly
Tim

No problem M'lord!!

Any specific requirements...

Actually I know a few of the Scottish mob are planning another, and might even be organising their own jaunt. Also I've had a chat with a mate of mine who has just finished another year in the KRC Endurance championship and is already thinking of sorting a foreign trip out, so that might also be a possibility

Sounds like you've got yourself something to do - now do run along and sort it, there's a good chap!!!:)

pip pip!!!

TP 18-Oct-2005 20:49

I could be interested in this too :D

Shaping up to be a good year next year ... now I just need a job to pay for it all!

VanDaMauler 18-Oct-2005 22:19

I`ll be up for it, late march, early April...

It`ll be cool, If you sort out the dates, the prices etc.

I`ll book up.:D

JPM 19-Oct-2005 12:24

Wonder if Mav fancies sorting a trip????................. :hint:

OK guys, I'm gonna start another thread with a poll so we can go with the majority, also I've just come across Racedays website which have several dates listed for 2006 already, Almeria and Valencia are listed for March/April, but they have a slightly different twist as they provide a race academy and also have several races (if you want to compete that is)

I have just sent them an email asking if they can provide more detailed information etc etc, how does that one sound?

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by JPM]

WeeJohnyB 19-Oct-2005 13:08

There's loads of TD co's and other 'touring' type co's that arrange things. The other option is to go direct....a colleague at work gets together with mates and hires a French or Spanish circuit direct, ie theirs privately for the day(s), that way they do exactly as they want. I don't think it worked out that expensive either, I don't know the circuit, but 30 of them shared the £6,000 cost to hire it for a day, that's £200 per day each for basically your ouwn private circuit.

WeeJohnyB

KP 19-Oct-2005 13:55

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM

OK guys, I'm gonna start another thread with a poll so we can go with the majority,

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by JPM]

Perhaps you could add WeeJohnyB's suggestion "to go direct" to the options and see if that generates interest too?

JPM 19-Oct-2005 13:59

Good idea...

JPM 21-Oct-2005 11:22

Just had this from Hottrax... the 2nd one doesn't sound too good for the DD boys as I am sure they'll be racing by then.

So far we have 2 Spanish weekends planned for 2006:

Gaudix Circuit
If you are looking to go testing then our trip to Guadix will be for you! Wednesday 22nd February - Sunday 26th February 5 days - track time only £375 or complete package with bike transport, flights hotel etc. will be just £749

Gaudix is located around 1 hours drive from Almeria airport, camping is allowed at the circuit or the hotel is just 5 minutes drive away - www.hotelvilladegor.com.

For more information on the circuit visit their web site www.guadixcircuit.com.

We will be running just 2 groups on this trip giving every rider over 3 1/2 hours of track time each day.

Almeria Circuit

Departing Thursday 27th April or Friday 28th April and returning Tuesday 2nd May (Bank Holiday Weekend)
For the 3rd year running we are off 'on holiday' to Almeria. Our fully inclusive package includes bike transport, flights, half board accommodation in a 4* Beachside hotel,
3 days of tracktime (2 groups), picnic lunch at the circuit for all riders and all coach transfers over the weekend.

The cost for the weekend is from £899 - if you want to book just tracktime or tracktime and bike transport then give us a call on 08707 669861 to discuss your options.

JPM 23-Oct-2005 21:46

Evenin'

For all those who have shown an interest, I've received an email from Gerry @racedays, see below...

Hi Jon,

thank you for your enquiry and please excuse the delay in
responding.

Unfortunately the Almeria circuit administrators have double booked for that weekend and now can only offer us two days. We require 3 days to make it viable and so have secured Jerez 7.8.9 April as an alternative. This is likely only to be offered as an Academy date, details of which will be available on our site shortly. We have secured a 4th day (easter
monday) at Valencia and will have full details for this event finalised in
the next weeks. I'll send a full reply to your questions then if that's ok?

Best regards

Gerry Bryce

Lily 23-Oct-2005 22:02

<dream mode on>

I wish he could be this organised when it comes to the washing up....

<dream mode off>

Can any of you guys who have been to Almeria or Cartegena give a quick description of tightness in comparison to a UK circuit as I have heard they are far tighter than Jerez and I personally don't like it too tight (ooo err missus!! )

Ian Harris 23-Oct-2005 22:15

I would say that, in terms of tightness, Almeria is more in line with Jerez than most UK circuits. Lots of long sweeping bends, nothing I'd really describe as a hairpin, I think the turn at the end of the long (that's Loooong) back straight is just tighter than 90 % , and I think that's the tightest on the circuit.

One chicane, but its a pretty open one . Not as many really good combinations of turns as Jerez, and the infrastructure is pretty basic (garages, snack bar and thats about it)

Pretty good arial view of the circuit here:

http://www.circuitodealmeria.com/

JPM 31-Oct-2005 16:36

Quote:

Originally posted by Ian Harris
I would say that, in terms of tightness, Almeria is more in line with Jerez than most UK circuits. Lots of long sweeping bends, nothing I'd really describe as a hairpin, I think the turn at the end of the long (that's Loooong) back straight is just tighter than 90 % , and I think that's the tightest on the circuit.

One chicane, but its a pretty open one . Not as many really good combinations of turns as Jerez, and the infrastructure is pretty basic (garages, snack bar and thats about it)

Pretty good arial view of the circuit here:

http://www.circuitodealmeria.com/

Just another update on this

I rang Hottrax on Friday and spent a good 30-40 minutes chatting to Karen there about their events over the Easter bank holiday.

They have 2 packages available, one for £849 and one for £899, both include 3 days on track. The difference in price relates to an extra day away, thus paying for an extra nights accomodation.

So 3 days on track, 2 groups, one slow/inters and the other inters/fast. Depending on where you are geographically they'll arrange the flights accordingly, rather than have to trek 1/2 way across the country to get to a flight, also they will transfer you from the airport to the hotel either via taxi, MPV or coach depending on numbers.

Alternatively you can arrange your own flights, and they will reduce the cost of the package accordingly.

Bike transport is from Gloucester, where your bikes are loaded into a crate system, you can get quite a few spares etc around your bike, including leathers etc, all the other usual bits and bobs apply as before.

Seems like good people, I'm 1/2 tempted after the conversation to be honest.

Redruth 31-Oct-2005 19:02

This looks favourite for me:-

JEREZ GP CIRCUIT . . . FRIDAY 18 TO SUNDAY 20 MARCH '05 . . .

This is open pit lane, yes? I'm not interested in anything abroad other than open pit lane. The reason for going out there is it's something that's not offered in this country and I think the lack of pressure will help me concentrate on improving.

JPM if you have enough people interested in this one with Tracksense, might you be able to look at 4 star hotels. I'm thinking 2 star might be a bit tough to take. Anyway, I'm definitely up for this. Was thinking of Cadwell at Easter again but best not to tempt fate :sing::sing::P:P

Jon 31-Oct-2005 23:51

Ruth do you have the power of going back in time!!!!!!!!:o

Redruth 31-Oct-2005 23:57

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon
Ruth do you have the power of going back in time!!!!!!!!:o

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

Yes but no but yes but no

Wot's yr pt???? :devil:

JPM 02-Nov-2005 14:09

Track sense have just released a few more dates

ALMERIA CURCUIT... FRIDAY 03 TO SUNDAY 05 FEBRUARY '06 . . .
2 track days £249 for 2 days (Friday & Saturday only)
3 strack days £299 for all 3 days

ALMERIA CIRCUIT... MONDAY 27 & TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY '06...
2 trackdays £199 (3 day option not available)

ALMERIA CIRCUIT... FRIDAY 24 TO SUNDAY 26 MARCH '06...
2 trackdays £249 (Friday & Saturday only)
3 trackdays £299

JEREZ GP CIRCUIT... SATURDAY 06 TO MONDAY 08 MAY '06
This is the start of the festival week in Jerez...
Hotel surcharges/restrictions apply (see JEREZ DETAILS/HOTELS for more info)
Book your flights early to avoid high prices.
2 trackdays £269 (Saturday & Monday only)
3 trackdays £329

ALMERIA CIRCUIT... MONDAY 18 TO WEDNESDAY 20 SPETEMBER '06...
3 trackdays £249 (2 day option not available)

JEREZ GP CIRCUIT... FRIDAY 20 TO SUNDAY 22 OCTOBER '06...
This is the start of the half-term holidays for many of the UK schools...
Book your flights early to avoid high prices.
2 trackdays £269 (Friday & Saturday only)
3 trackdays £329

ALMERIA CIRCUIT... FRIDAY 24 TO SUNDAY 26 NOVEMBER '06...
2 trackdays £249 (Friday & Saturday only)
3 trackdays £299

What are peoples views on this, you need to remember to add the extras, transport, hotels, flights etc etc, so probably around the £800 mark I'd estimate

pedro 02-Nov-2005 15:17

fancy the jerez in may.:o

pedro 02-Nov-2005 15:19

fancy the jerez in may.:o