Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Link Pipe (/showthread.php?t=83716)

Stormchaser 17-Jan-2011 17:16

Link Pipe

Hi, I'm having trouble finding a link pipe that will allow me to fit an upswept slip-on can while missing the rearsets on my Class B 600SS. Does anyone know if there is a standard pipe off another bike that does the job, or where I could get a link pipe made up? The standard 600SS Predator one advertised on e-bay is too short.

Thank you.

skidlids 17-Jan-2011 23:07

I used one from Bike it /Viper on my 600SS Class B bike firstly with a Micron can and later a Harris can

bradders 17-Jan-2011 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormchaser
Hi, I'm having trouble finding a link pipe that will allow me to fit an upswept slip-on can while missing the rearsets on my Class B 600SS. Does anyone know if there is a standard pipe off another bike that does the job, or where I could get a link pipe made up? The standard 600SS Predator one advertised on e-bay is too short.

Thank you.

I have a pair of viper link pipes in stainles, brand new which I dont need now, £60 new you can have them for £40 if they are any good to you.

bradders 17-Jan-2011 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
I have a pair of viper link pipes in stainles, brand new which I dont need now, £60 new you can have them for £40 if they are any good to you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=370437737538

this is what I have

skidlids 17-Jan-2011 23:48

1 Attachment(s)
A pic from Snetterton in 2005, Viper/Bike it link pipe and the Harris can

Stormchaser 19-Jan-2011 14:23

Thanks guys, I'm away for a couple of days now but will get back to you shortly. I may be going mad, but i'm not sure my collector exits in the same place as your's in the photo. My current (dented) link pipe is def longer and anything shorter seems to leave the silencer in the way of my size 9 boot heel! So far i've managed to acquire a standard link pipe and a Leo Vinci Titanium silencer neither of which I can graft on! All good fun! Anyway, I'll have a measure up and check. (Beautiful DD bike Skids!) Cheers for the much appreciated feedback.

skidlids 20-Jan-2011 01:10

Garry that was my 583, in 2005 there was only one DD class, made up mainly of 620 and the older bikes running 675 big bore kits, Myself and one or two others ran 583s. Engine was standard from a breakers but came with dyno-jetted carbs, down pipes were standard 600SS and the following year in 2006 it got on the newly formed Class B podium a few times. Then I made the huge mistake of moving to class A and have been going backwards ever since :(