Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Favorite mod??? (/showthread.php?t=15787)

doogalman 29-Mar-2005 19:55

Favorite mod???

Just pondering what people rate as the best modification they have made to their bikes, albeit performance or cosmetic.
I think mine has to be loosing indicators and mirrors , it makes the bike look leaner and more focused.

Well what are your favorites????

Doogalman

adam 29-Mar-2005 20:00

Íve made a few, slipper clutch (JHP) Brembo brake/clutch master cylinders, PFM brake set up. All very nice. Favourite one, PFM brakes.

electricsheep 29-Mar-2005 20:30

suspension setup
slipper clutch

Walenut 29-Mar-2005 20:35

Pipes let her sing:D

Mike Davis 29-Mar-2005 21:04

powercommander, sorted out all fuelling problems and the bike is an absolute joy to ride.

Couldnt`believe the difference after several different chips and having the co set up, still leaving small glitches it was a stark contrast.

ath748 29-Mar-2005 21:12

Termi's to get that real Duc feeling for me :D:D:D

Pete A 29-Mar-2005 23:09

Of all the mods. and I've done loads, (with plenty more in the pipe-line!) it has to be the 50mm titanium Termi's. - The best bit was having had the bike serviced at John Hackett's, when they fired it up I expected the mechanic to say "you should hear what they sound like with a full 58mm system", instead he shook his head and said "f*** that's loud!" I don't know if it's because they're really tightly packed, or the titanium sleeves but the sound is quite vicious, still has to be the number 1 mod.!

Mr_S 30-Mar-2005 11:06

In order of smiles / pound on my little 748...

Magnesium wheel :) :)
Slipper Clutch
Suspension (Fork rebuild / springs / revalve, Ohlins rear Matris Steering Damper)
SPS Conversion (Heads, pistons, cams, cam timing, Dyno setup etc)

The next mod's I make will most likely be to my riding by re-visiting CSS etc.

Jason

DC 31-Mar-2005 00:02

In order,

I would say that the 748 to 853 conversion.

The next one would have to be the front brakes being uprated to Brembo P4 monoblocks with a radial master cylinder.

Finally, having the forks revalved and rear shock replaced by ohlins. took some time setting up with much head scratching but im getting there and well worth it.

DC.:devil:

ziggi 31-Mar-2005 00:05

Oh my italian flag rear reflector :D Coutesy of RipSnortingVtwins