Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   So who's booked DSC Brands &/or Oulton? (/showthread.php?t=27040)

andys 900ss 13-Feb-2006 15:03

So who\'s booked DSC Brands &/or Oulton?

Enter yourself onto this thread if you've pre-booked for the DSC trackdays at Brands on 31 May and/or Oulton 26th Sept.

Who's the loyal DSC'r?

I'm booked on both

Andy

antonye 13-Feb-2006 15:19

Where are the forms? I've not received any... :puzzled:

TP 13-Feb-2006 15:22

Quote:

Originally posted by antonye
Where are the forms? I've not received any... :puzzled:

Forms are here mate.

I'll be sending my forms off for all four days this afternoon.

:)

TP

antonye 13-Feb-2006 15:49

Cool, must have missed that when it was posted.

I presume these will also go out later with Pronto, so best to get in asap?

doogalman 13-Feb-2006 16:58

I'm down for the Brands day, 996

Jasper 13-Feb-2006 18:10

Cadwell and Oulton for me.Has anyone got a movie file of a lap of Oulton?

rockhopper 14-Feb-2006 21:00

Can't risk booking any at the moment untill i know my arm is sorted :(

phil_h 14-Feb-2006 23:05

Brands entry forms will be in the post tomorrow.
August and september are still a long way away, so am still trying to work out whether I can go.

AK 14-Feb-2006 23:19

Cadwell - 2 days, 2 bikes for us:cool:

Regretfully not Brands or Oulton tho:(

TP 14-Feb-2006 23:21

I still haven't sent those forms in yet :(

I'll pull my finger out tomorrow hopefully!

andys 900ss 16-Feb-2006 14:03

7th March is the deadline for Brands and Oulton, you only have to pay out £30 at the mo. !!!

Any more???

JPM 16-Feb-2006 14:16

How many are booked on to Brands and Oulton? do we have a definitive list?

VanDaMauler 18-Feb-2006 16:47

Brands for now, I may book oulton too...
:biaggi:

Dibble 18-Feb-2006 17:01

mate, book the 28th June at Oulton through "no limits mate" ... that'll be a cracker ... talk to Mark and tell him you are DSC ...

Loz 18-Feb-2006 18:24

I intend to book both Oulton and Brands, but a lot more peeps have got to do likewise if there's to be any chance of these going ahead. :(

allthegearnoidea 18-Feb-2006 19:13

Dear All

I've booked all four.

Further to the comments at the AGM I think it is outstanding that we are being offered the opportunity to get these trackdays at reasonable rates with fellow DSC'rs. I for one would much prefer to go on track days with fellow club members.

Dave

nelly 18-Feb-2006 21:35

I booked all four when the forms were released online :)

They ain't goin to happen without support!

Nattyboy 19-Feb-2006 00:28

Oulton and cadwell here I think...forms printed and ready to go..

Nat

Rally 19-Feb-2006 13:23

Quote:

Originally posted by allthegearnoidea
Further to the comments at the AGM...

Likewise Dave, I've sent off forms for all 4 - Brands and Oulton because if these days don't happen as the numbers were short by just one person and I was still sitting on the fence about it...

I think the message from Monty is if we want the club to run track days then the cost to us as members is to book as soon as and not wait-and-see.

kwikbitch 19-Feb-2006 13:26

Me...for Brands and Caddie:D
Both in school hols!!!! woopee!!!!!:sing::sing::roll::sing::sing:

TP 19-Feb-2006 14:59

Well I sent them all off, I'll be at all four days.

:D

andys 900ss 25-Feb-2006 23:31

Quote:

Originally posted by andys 900ss
7th March is the deadline for Brands and Oulton, you only have to pay out £30 at the mo. !!!

Any more???

Boing

Monty 02-Mar-2006 17:18

I regret to inform you all-they aren't going to happen :( there simply wasn't enough interest and we were being pushed to confirm the dates and pay the deposit. Brands is no great loss IMHO since I couldn't do it any cheaper than a commercial trackday company and there are plenty of days available there. Oulton I am really sad about, but we will be offered space on the same date via MSV who will now be running the day themselves. I will post the info as soon as I get it. I think in reality the chances of us getting 140 DSC'rs together at Oulton was a VERY long shot anyway-but worth a go.

John

TopiToo 02-Mar-2006 17:50

Hello Monty,

Sad news indeed, I was looking forward to these days.
Only sent my cheques off last week and holiday all booked.

But I understand the situation, and all I can say is thankyou and all involved for all your efforts.

I even put this little ad together to try and encourage people to put pen to paper.

never mind . . .

regards

TopiToo

skidlids 02-Mar-2006 18:09

Right Steve from now on its Topi Tron :D

I'm not suprised the other trackdays have not gone ahead, for the likes of me the two dayer at Cadwell and the racing will be eating up most of my spare cash and I intend to end this season with no more debt than I started it with as it means I can do the same again next year.

andys 900ss 02-Mar-2006 20:16

Shame that, I was looking forward to them, but i'll probably do the Oulton one anyway.
As for Brands, its one I'd love to do, but i'd prefer to travel down and meet up with peeps i know.

Andy

ps. TopiToo, your ad is awesome!

edited: Im sorry to see people not put their money where their talk is..... I would much prefer to pay similar or even a tiny bit more for a trackday with DSC'rs, its a so much better environment.

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by andys 900ss]

allthegearnoidea 02-Mar-2006 21:58

Gutted. I was really looking forward to them.

I would echo Andy's comments I would much rather ride with other DSC'rs and so I think the comparison with other commercial trackdays is missing the point.

For the record I think the clubs attitude towards risk on these trackdays is excessively prudent. Surely the club is there to promote riding amongst sporting Ducati riders and we should take some chances with events. If we were really hard up and/or we didn't spend money on other expensive items it would be more understandable.

However I think John deserves major gratitude for trying to get the days off the ground. Thanks John.

Dave

kwikbitch 02-Mar-2006 23:41

Oh! No!...I was so looking forward to doing Brands with my friends...That was a once in a lifetime experience!
Gutted:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks John...You really did your best to get it sorted. At least Caddie will be "spectacular" for the club!

Lisax

Gizmo 03-Mar-2006 00:40

Quote:

Originally posted by allthegearnoidea
Gutted. I was really looking forward to them.

I would echo Andy's comments I would much rather ride with other DSC'rs and so I think the comparison with other commercial trackdays is missing the point.

For the record I think the clubs attitude towards risk on these trackdays is excessively prudent. Surely the club is there to promote riding amongst sporting Ducati riders and we should take some chances with events. If we were really hard up and/or we didn't spend money on other expensive items it would be more understandable.

However I think John deserves major gratitude for trying to get the days off the ground. Thanks John.

Dave

its a balance 2 trackdays are do-able and the risks are manageable but who guarantees the circuits money if the club can't meet its obligations if we run 4?, would you underwirte it personally?? I know I wouldn't. There are 4 Ducati club TD"s this year with the DOC and UKMOC events at Mallory plus an additional day at Oulton it would be good to get an interclub system of pricing (ie no need for DSC member to join DOC and its reciprocated here) so all Ducati owners could attend and enjoy the days with their mates.

i know there are people disappointed by the cancellation of the 2 days but Cadwell will be better attended and more of a club event and we should focus on that positive side.

Well done MT in making a tough decision.

Rattler 03-Mar-2006 01:21

Tough call to make - seems a wise decision though.

When it was first posted, I did think it might be a bit of a stretch to go for 4 DSC trackdays this year. But once arranges, it now seems quite early in the year to pull them? How many trackdayers have booked other dates for this year yet?

But understanding deposit requirements / deadlines etc, I suppose its not surprising.

But thanks to Monty et al for sorting these - Cadwell 2-dayer will be a scream!!!

Tim