Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Simples front sprocket question (/showthread.php?t=110482)

ells 22-May-2012 14:34

Simples front sprocket question

Numpty here took off the front sprocket today but got distracted and forgot which way round the sprocket goes.

Either flat face of the sprocket facing the engine which moves the cahin in at the front or flat face facing outwards keeping the chain away from the engine.

Please help as I am out on the bike tomorrow and know I have already managed the wrong way once.

Thanks
Mark

Ghost 22-May-2012 16:49

Depends on the bike Mark, My 583 SS had the flat side out. This 620ie has the flat side in.

Just straight edge it from your rear sprocket, you can sight the chain also, unless you have a pi55ed up eye. :o

Spjallen 22-May-2012 17:31

PM sent

bradders 22-May-2012 18:24

Normally in imprint on socket where it's had the plate fixed

ells 22-May-2012 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Normally in imprint on socket where it's had the plate fixed

Unless you are a double numpty and the inprint is from the last time you did it wrong. :o

Cranker V2 23-May-2012 21:29

You went well today Mark, looks like you got the sprocket on the right way.:)

ells 24-May-2012 07:09

Thanks Mike,
Last session went well. Not quick enough but better than last year. Still not convinced about the sprocket. Bits of swarf round the sprocket so will have a good look at it before I use her again.

Thanks
Mark

bradders 24-May-2012 08:12

So where was the testing this time Mike...bit of Angelsey prep or Oulton cheeky few few sessions

ells 24-May-2012 11:07

As per last year no Anglessey this year again for me. Serious Oulton prep yesterday both for DD and for something else as well ;) ;)

Quite a few thundersprts guys out as they are there this weekend. The fast group was frightening quick.

Still a lot of work to do before mid June. Still not quick enough and not consistant enough!

Mark

bradders 24-May-2012 13:06

Long as steps are forward, at some point you start taking 2 at a time and everything makes sense. Bike working well then....

Not sure about Oulton myself, probably will but who knows...