Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   'Comfort' kit (/showthread.php?t=13404)

jim-bob 21-Jan-2005 12:28

\'Comfort\' kit

Has anyone ever ridden with the ST Comfort kit? According to Forza-Italia they are about £250 and very effective - any comments?

[Edited on 21-1-2005 by jim-bob]

Jools 21-Jan-2005 14:42

Send Dementor a U2U. He used to have one fitted when he had an ST.

I assume that you're talking about the previous ST, before the facelift, because the new bikes have a huge fairing and adjustable bars as standard (I don't even think there is a comfort kit for one of these).

The comfort kit for the older bikes consists of a different headlight fairing, a taller screen and some bar risers that lift the bars up about an inch (maybe a bit less). I reckon it depends on how tall you are and what you want the bike for. If you're 6ft 10inches tall and ride long distances all the while, or if you have old injuries and creaky bones then I can see the point. Otherwise the standard ST is comfy enough for most and that comfort kit is one ugly mother.

jim-bob 22-Jan-2005 10:20

Thanks, I just sent him a u2u.
I use my 2000 model for commuting to London, I find the riding position could be a bit more relaxed, a bit less forward perhaps for the town work - a bit more wind prtection for the mway. I was considering a different screen , but as usual which one is the best ? Dont want to spend money and find out no improvement. Then F-I told me about the Comf Kit and I thought - well if its a factory option then it should be the best..?

Melnie Mouse 22-Jan-2005 11:40

yeah I've got a mate Chris who has one, he says it's the best thing he ever did...

Loves it to bits, and would happily talk to anyone about it.....

jim-bob 22-Jan-2005 12:02

Melnie, you have PM!

Loz 22-Jan-2005 12:19

Quote:

Originally posted by jim-bob
Melnie, you have PM!

Funny, she seemed happy enough to me!

:devil:

Melnie Mouse 22-Jan-2005 13:32

Thanks, answered it, and spoke to Chris for you, he's happy for you to give him a call and chat more :)

- glad to be of help :)

Melnie Mouse 22-Jan-2005 13:33

Quote:

Originally posted by Loz
Quote:

Originally posted by jim-bob
Melnie, you have PM!

Funny, she seemed happy enough to me!

:devil:

hey Loz... ha ha you owe me a dairy milk for that!

Dementor 22-Jan-2005 17:49

You have a U2U reply James.

Not sure about an Ugly Mother Jools, quite liked it myself, but then I have got a Numpty now:lol:

Pic attached

jim-bob 22-Jan-2005 17:55

Thanks Folks! Useful pic too. Is that a corbin seat? Was it a good buy? I find the standard one pretty uncomfy after a few hours.
I had a M/S before - found it great in the Alps (much faster than ANYTHING else in teh twisties) but really tiring on Mways..

Melnie: I will ring Chris, when I get a min.
Cheers
James