Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Will exhausts from an ST3 fit an ST4 ? (/showthread.php?t=79054)

YMFB 05-Apr-2009 12:10

Will exhausts from an ST3 fit an ST4 ?

Will a set of DP carbon fibre exhausts from an ST3 fit an ST4 ?

If they do will all the other bits, ECU etc be interchangeable ?

Cheers
Chaps

Rushjob 05-Apr-2009 12:33

Pipes may fit - check the o/d & i/d of the pipes where they go on to the cruciform section of the downpipes - if they match then the rest of the bike is the same so you should be ok.
ECU definitely no - ST3 uses the U59 ecu which is flashed at the factory with the fuekl / injection maps and not able to be modified, totally differnet to the ST4 which uses the 16M with a removeable eprom.

John W 06-Apr-2009 13:42

I don't think the pipes will fit.
Could be wrong, but they have a different part number in the accessory catalog.
Ecu is different too as Rushjob says, but its fair to note that later ST4s used the same style as the ST3, just different mapping. My 2003 4s ABS has a U59 type.

Jools 06-Apr-2009 14:09

I've got Rushjob's old Ducati Performance pipes on my ST2. They were originally on his ST2, then he sold them to Marko, who fitted them to his ST4 with the help of a little judicious stainless steel welding to increase the pipe OD for the ST4, then Marko sold them to me and they were re-welded back down a pipe size to fit my ST2 again. If the pipes are enough of a good deal to add the cost of a tame welder on top anything is possible.

YMFB 07-Apr-2009 16:51

I am going to get them and see how I get on, it maybe a winter project.

singletrack 09-Apr-2009 17:31

You can't go wrong with such a bargain!

YMFB 16-Apr-2009 19:33

Right, the ST3 exhausts dont quite fit, the bracket and length look the same but the end connection is slightly diffrent in diameter. I am thinking if I can find the "crucifix" from an ST4 I could modify it thus saving the DP ST3 exhausts.

Does anyone have one they wish to sell or know the part no.

John W 16-Apr-2009 21:47

There are 2 sets on ebay (international sellers) right now for an st4 if that helps.

YMFB 16-Apr-2009 22:03

cheers John, I looked before I made this post, but on re-checking ive found them