Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   tyres for 2010 (/showthread.php?t=80783)

ligalman 02-Oct-2009 21:22

tyres for 2010

hi ime new to the dd race scene and bought troutys old bike just took it mallory for a test i used diabllo rosso tyres as the old diablo is now not made anymore so i think rosso's will be the tyre for next year-i dont know what time you go around mallory in but it was my first time on the bike with baddley worped discs so couldnt brake properly but still managed 1 minute laps no problem with no slides or grip problems-i think i have a good second in hand when i get the brakes sorted but is that a good time for mallory on these things? just need to know so i can see if ime up to it cheers ady

AK 02-Oct-2009 21:38

you will be on pole then mate if you have at least a 2nd in hand on a wonky bike as the lap record is 59's from 2007
see all lap records here http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=77821

ligalman 02-Oct-2009 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK
you will be on pole then mate if you have at least a 2nd in hand on a wonky bike as the lap record is 59's from 2007
see all lap records here http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=77821

really!! god i was worried i wouldnt be on the pace!! got me worried now as i was hoping for a top ten in the first year so dont want to get too confident just have to take it as it comes cheers for that!!!

Chaz 05-Oct-2009 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ligalman
hi ime new to the dd race scene and bought troutys old bike just took it mallory for a test i used diabllo rosso tyres as the old diablo is now not made anymore so i think rosso's will be the tyre for next year-i dont know what time you go around mallory in but it was my first time on the bike with baddley worped discs so couldnt brake properly but still managed 1 minute laps no problem with no slides or grip problems-i think i have a good second in hand when i get the brakes sorted but is that a good time for mallory on these things? just need to know so i can see if ime up to it cheers ady

Looks like your the man to watch next year then.;)

ells 05-Oct-2009 15:32

You must be doing well. I will be competing nect year and managed to get a few timed laps in on a track day and pretty regulalry doing 1.13s at Mallory on a class B bike. Having checked this years results I need to recover 9 seconds a lap! Got a few ideas (diet) but you seem to be way ahead of me.

Mark.

paynep 05-Oct-2009 16:17

Quote:

but still managed 1 minute laps no problem

Are they still taking out the the Bus Stop on trackdays then? ;) :lol:

trouty 14-Oct-2009 11:23

Quote:

hi Ady, thought you might have got out at Cadwell. I think you asked me about mallory times whilst you were at my place, if i remember correctly, i said a 1'03 would be inside the top 10 with around 1m being podium contention.

Warped disks? that'd explain a few things... lol!

Just remember thogh, that the laptimes set at mallory were on normal Diablo's as control tyre, NOT rosso's, so its a bit like comparing apples with oranges really.

Plus it was raining when we were there in 2008 ;)