Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   888 questions ... (/showthread.php?t=37278)

Mr.R 07-Oct-2006 19:06

hi again, weeveetwin says he thinks the weight difference is more than 30lbs.I find this hard to see.
The front discs are lighter,
alloy sub frame and no pillion rests,
silencers,
rear shock rising rate linkage,
single seat,

are all lighter, iv'e weighed them all, the rest of the bike is pretty much the same, i can't see 30lbs in that lot.
If iv'e missed anything please let me know. Every oz i save is another good meal i can eat!
Steve Robins S.W....... fatter than Jools!!!!

yellow916 07-Oct-2006 19:14

TP

FWIW, my 2p worth. Agree with almost all that's been said. I have an SP3 (supposed to be even lighter than the SP4?), love the rawness. Nothing sophisticated at all! Not the best "town bike", obviously, even my 916 Bip was better there. I guess if I wanted a bike to cherish, I'd get the SP (which I did); not sure I'd want to track it though - s Strada with some of the mods described here sounds more sensible. And the thought of throwing an SPS down the road...

Whichever you get, you'll like it.

Andrew

Rob B 07-Oct-2006 19:28

Get down for coffee and a poke around over the winter (only 75mins from yours) and you can take a view on how far you might wabt to go with a strada.

Rgds, Rob

TP 07-Oct-2006 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob B
Get down for coffee and a poke around over the winter (only 75mins from yours) and you can take a view on how far you might wabt to go with a strada.

Rgds, Rob

Thanks for the kind offer Rob :)

I'll be in touch about that.

Mr.R 07-Oct-2006 19:40

Sp3 lighter than sp4? alloy tank yes but lighter seat unit on sp4, i doubt the difference was more than 1 or 2 pounds.
Steve Robins S.W.

yellow916 07-Oct-2006 20:46

Steve

Wouldn't argue it's a huge difference, just quoting somehing I think I read somewhere!

Andrew

851neil 07-Oct-2006 21:28

I'll 2nd Rob's offer, there's an awful lot you can do with a base model - not too far from some posting here.

Jasper 07-Oct-2006 22:47

TP,thanks for those comments about the mountain.Says alot about the bike that it didn't spit me off on the wet grass!!You are welcome to have a go(when your brave enough!).Donington in three weeks,hope it gets through the noise test!!

TP 07-Oct-2006 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 851neil
I'll 2nd Rob's offer, there's an awful lot you can do with a base model - not too far from some posting here.

Cheers Neil! The only Auckland I know is a fair hike from here so I might take a packed lunch! But I've never been to New Zealand and I hear it's really pretty so I'm up for it.

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
TP,thanks for those comments about the mountain.Says alot about the bike that it didn't spit me off on the wet grass!!You are welcome to have a go(when your brave enough!).Donington in three weeks,hope it gets through the noise test!!

No worries mate :) .. it's not so much being brave or whatever, but god forbid the worst happened I don't have the cash to put your pride and joy back to immaculate condition immediately, or even quickly for that matter. I'd rather not risk it until I'm financial enough to do so because I'd rather not let anyone down.

But thank you all to those who've offered me a ride on their bikes! I'm a tad overwhelmed, what a great club :)

FiscusFish 07-Oct-2006 23:14

My standard '93 Strada weighed over 230 kg on my MOT testers scales, with "some" fuel (can't remember how much), standard cans, bodywork discs etc. In track guise with Ricambi bodywork, including single seat, high rise race cans and Speigler iron discs it came in at just under 200 kg. Make of that what you will...

Darren