Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Hello to you all (/showthread.php?t=6477)

Ned 07-Apr-2004 19:29

Hello to you all

I just joined your ranks officially, with a new 749. So hello to you all. Please excuse the idiotic questions I might post -put it down to lack of experience ;-)

I love the bike, but hate the weather, and the diesel on the roads (London), and keeping under 6000rpm, etc. This weekend better be good weather...

I will be down at Box Hill on Sunday morning, so look out for me - red 749, bule A/Stars leathers, and (if things don'g get any better out there) 4" chicken strips on each side of the back tyre!

Cheers!

Ned
Twickenham

Glyn 07-Apr-2004 19:34

good on you
bit far north to get to box hill but i'll look for those big strips at the popham mega meet:lol::lol::lol:
welcome aboard

andyb 07-Apr-2004 19:53

well done mate ....to the future and beyond!!!well the next 98yrs.

Nigel C 07-Apr-2004 19:56

welcome aboard:D i don't think it'll be too difficult to find us at boxhill on sunday!!! just roll up and introduce yourself :D

JasonBoswell 07-Apr-2004 21:10

Welcome aboard, Ned. Nice choice in the 749. :)

I'm in Twickenham too, so we should meet up soon - I cant make this Sunday at BH as other commitments, but should be ok for the weekends after.

Take care on dem roads at the mo.

dave w 07-Apr-2004 21:33

Hi ned...... I'm the mad one with no chicken strips...... Welcome aboard my friend!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Ned 08-Apr-2004 08:25

cheers!

Thanks for all the kind words :)
Chicken strips are already down to 2"...

See some of you on Sunday.

Jason, can't believe I haven't noticed another Ducati prowling around Strawberry Hill...

JasonBoswell 08-Apr-2004 09:04

Quote:

prowling around Strawberry Hill...

Ah, nice round them parts...I used to rent a place there years back. Now in the centre of town - Sherland Road if you know it??

TP 18-Apr-2004 10:01

Ahhh ... now I know I've seen you before in Twickenham Jason. I've seen you popping out onto the high street. I was in Lion Road for just over a year and now I'm in London Road, have a nice garage now!! Carole nash like me a bit better now ...

If I remember correctly it was a 996(SPS\R?)

So there's a few nice bikes in Twickenham.

Welcome Ned

TP :cool:

Ned 18-Apr-2004 16:21

cheers tp
see u all around tw1 i'm sure!
box hill didn't seem such a good idea this morning - so i watched the big boys on motogp and wsb instead :D