Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Just for discussion (rain riders ?). (/showthread.php?t=116119)

Ghost 10-Jun-2012 21:42

I'll raise you two knit rows to one pearl.

skidlids 10-Jun-2012 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
So what was it with Andy out? Will be the worst of the weekend for DD won't it?

Just over 77% so still Not as bad as Saturday's attempts at running race 1

Big difference is that when the 2nd red flag came out on Saturday, there had been 4 fallers and zero retirements, where as in race 3 on Sunday when the red flag came out there was 1 faller and several retirements.

Senna3 10-Jun-2012 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Just over 77% so still Not as bad as Saturday's attempts at running race 1

Big difference is that when the 2nd red flag came out on Saturday, there had been 4 fallers and zero retirements, where as in race 3 on Sunday when the red flag came out there was 1 faller and several retirements.

Like i said perhaps we shouldent race in the dry:devil:

skidlids 10-Jun-2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Another thing to take in consideration which is new to me after DD is this.

When you are looking at the sky 10 minutes before your race starts deciding which tyres to go with your stress level goes throught the roof just thinking about changing the wheels. :o

Was bit wet though. :eek:

Get a Wet bike then all you need to decide is which one to put the transponder on, a lot quicker than changing wheels. It reduces the Stress Levels
Been there Done it :)

skidlids 10-Jun-2012 21:57

At times you would think we had short sprint races of only 6 laps or so as with New Era, but we now have races of 10, 12 or 14 laps (which is what we're paying for), twice as many laps to try and get a result
at times you wouldn't think so and at times the actual races end up getting reduced to 6 laps or so after having to be stopped, quite often in dry conditions

Senna3 10-Jun-2012 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
At times you would think we had short sprint races of only 6 laps or so as with New Era, but we now have races of 10, 12 or 14 laps (which is what we're paying for), twice as many laps to try and get a result
at times you wouldn't think so and at times the actual races end up getting reduced to 6 laps or so after having to be stopped, quite often in dry conditions

Obviously the tyres arent up to the power and speed our bikes are putting out in the dry , we need slicks and tyre warmers :devil:

Senna3 10-Jun-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
I'll raise you two knit rows to one pearl.

ill raise you two pearl rows to one cabbage one

bradders 10-Jun-2012 22:52

Cool idea, let's go slicks and wets :D

Ghost 11-Jun-2012 00:25

I'm happy as we are first two races were fine, last race very questionable. :eek:

chris.p 11-Jun-2012 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Cool idea, let's go slicks and wets :D

One set missing there Paul, you will also need a set of wheels with Inters on.

Chris:burn: