Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   How do you race.? (/showthread.php?t=34569)

fil2 08-Aug-2006 09:05

How do you race.?

How do you race..do you race for points.?...podiums..??...positions...?? against another racer..? just for fun the experience.!!...does it change depending on track.? or is it the same mental attitude every race..!......

do you attack each race with a particluar plan or goal..or is it turn up and see.?

tactics......quiet interesting.!

Phil

ali 08-Aug-2006 09:41

Personally I like to eat and drink heavily for several weeks before a race, turn up in a state of utter confusion, have a terrible nights sleep and then drag my close-to-expiring carcass around the track while wondering whether I really should put the bride's mother next to the best man....

Can't say I'd ever really noticed any other riders on track! :lol:

Ali

dickieducati 08-Aug-2006 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali
Personally I like to eat and drink heavily for several weeks before a race, turn up in a state of utter confusion, have a terrible nights sleep and then drag my close-to-expiring carcass around the track while wondering whether I really should put the bride's mother next to the best man....

Ali

some people make me sick! lol

with that kind of preparation you really should be where i am but you're too bloody quick!

for me definitely racing against certain people i want to be ahead of/not overtaken by. that happens to be around the 8th-12th places at the moment but i am hoping that will move up over time. not really for fun.

although not battling up the front or for podiums i am definitely racing; brought home to me at castle coombe when i stupidly threw away 4 places on the last lap just because i wanted to get in front of anthony. just could help myself trying to get in front. loved it though.

fil2 08-Aug-2006 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali

Ali

Preperation as usual then laddie..LOL

ericthered40 08-Aug-2006 10:42

In A tight thong :D

phil_h 08-Aug-2006 11:02

I try to balance as much adrenalin as possible for the longest time possible with as little blood lost as possible :cool:

So far the best event has been a 2-day meeting with 12 races, with 7 top-10 finishes in 1 day.
Thats on bikes that cost about 4-5k to build (ie similar budget to dd). I think it could cost me about the same again per bike to get placed higher and still maintain the aforesaid balance ;)

domski 08-Aug-2006 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil2
How do you race...

Ummm... I race with fear!

Fear of losing - that's normally enough (yes, even last year!).

I've done the "Just race for points" bit this year and got beaten, so I'll just stick to trying to win instead.

No plans as such, but I do some mental prep in the week leading up to race day, and again on race day. Just try to convince myself that I'll be ok and run a few starts through my mind etc.

Can't give away too much, coz I don't want you bugg*rs beating me :lol:

domski 08-Aug-2006 11:13

How do you race Fil2? ;)

fil2 08-Aug-2006 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by domski
How do you race Fil2? ;)

Badly....................................;-0

domski 08-Aug-2006 11:33

:lol: :lol: :lol: