Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   1098 youtube (/showthread.php?t=39774)

Bionicle 17-Dec-2006 08:51

The 1098 S is also supplied with the Ducati Data Analyzer system as standard equipment. The DDA package supplied with the ‘S’ version enables the retrieval of data and analysis of data collected from your previous track session or road trip. The DDA package includes software for your personal computer on CD, a data retrieval USB key and instructions.

iang 17-Dec-2006 11:17

Been looking at some pictures of the 1098 and the 1098 S, some pictures show the 1098 S with carbon inserts in the seat vents while other pictures show the 1098 S with the same seat unit as the 1098 ( All plain Red )

Does the S come with the carbon inserts in the seat unit or not, anyone ??

SimonJ 17-Dec-2006 16:00

No, they are an option for both 1098 and 1098s not standard on either.

gossa 19-Dec-2006 19:39

My understanding is that the carbon inserts dont exist. The carbon bits seen in some pictures are just that the seat unit is carbon painted up with those bits left naked.

That's what my dealer told me.

Monty 19-Dec-2006 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RD
I thought the 1098S had black or dark blue alloy end cans :confused: I'm sure the "S" doesn't have Termis as standard, only the Tricolore.

The 'S' version comes with sort of dark grey/black end cans not Termi's-the Tricolore comes with Termi's as well as standard cans.
To be honest the standard cans sound bloody good when you blip the throttle a bit-a lot louder than a standard 999-to my ears at least.

John

749er 19-Dec-2006 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RD
749 comfy... Mmm. Never ridden a 749.

The DSC members I've seen on 749's still look hunched over, whether they're comfy or not I don't know.
I've ridden a T9 when I was going to buy a 999S, lovely bike bike but as expected I was hunched over and quite a reach to the bars, not a problem for me but riders of shorter stature may struggle to reach the bars.

there is a nice long reach to the bars, the RSV1000R is the same, but both have loads more "arm" and leg room than a Jap bike. I sold my ZX6R as it was just cramping my legs and that is considered to be one of the larger 600s. Wouldnt have another.

Bionicle 20-Dec-2006 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
To be honest the standard cans sound bloody good when you blip the throttle a bit-a lot louder than a standard 999-to my ears at least.

John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WXLZWgkwfU

RD 20-Dec-2006 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
The 'S' version comes with sort of dark grey/black end cans not Termi's-the Tricolore comes with Termi's as well as standard cans.

John

Thought so John, I was a bit out on the colour of the end cans, dark grey as opposed to dark blue.
You've obviously seen the bike in the metal, can you confirm that the standard pipes have removable baffles ?

Cheers,

RD

KeefyB 21-Dec-2006 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by RD
You've obviously seen the bike in the metal, can you confirm that the standard pipes have removable baffles ?

No removable baffles on the std cans,.....only on the after market Termignonis.