Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   916 head (/showthread.php?t=16623)

arnie 20-Apr-2005 10:29

916 head

I have an exup streetfighter that has a 916 front end grafted on to it. I have only had it a couple of days and have noticed it sort of clunks when i brake, and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to tighten the headstock bearings as i can't seem to see any kind of nut under the top yoke?
It's probably something very simple and i am just being a bit of a duh, but it is the first time have had any dealings with anything Ducati. Any help would be much welcome.:(

skidlids 20-Apr-2005 10:39

The bit coming through the top yoke with all the holes in it is the bit that you tighten to remove slack/play in the head races. You will need to undo thhe pinch bolt in the top yoke first

arnie 20-Apr-2005 10:59

Thanks Skidlids,
I take it you mean the the round thing thats split down the middle with the small holes in it? And also am i right in thinking that i will need a special tool?

skidlids 20-Apr-2005 11:36

Thats the bit, special tool in my case is usually a set of circlip pliers

arnie 20-Apr-2005 11:57

I hadn't thought of that, your'e a star. As soon as it is delivered to me i will give it a go. Had to get the bike recovered last night cos i hurt my back but it should be back with me today. Once again thanks.:burn: