Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Darley Moor (/showthread.php?t=16145)

Garry Smith 08-Apr-2005 12:55

Darley Moor

If any DSC members live near Darley we will be racing there on the 16th & 17th April.

If you make it there come and find us and we'll make you a brew.

Red 996 Number 172. Our van is a blue LDV with www.century2000.co.uk on the side.

Should be interesting as I have never seen the place before (other than on Sky - Whithams SBK School!!) so will need to take it easy and build up the pace once I know which way it goes!

baylissboy 08-Apr-2005 13:37

Hope you have a good days racing!

Twentytwo & myself raced there in the late 80's & early 90's,do be honest,never really liked the place,not very flowing!!

Basically it's a big triangle,if your bike is quick & you're late on the brakes you'll love it!

Felix 08-Apr-2005 14:06

Best of luck, Garry.

Garry Smith 08-Apr-2005 15:24

I know what you mean about the long straight and much braking - that was the impression I got just from seeing it on TV!

Felix, when is your first outing?

Felix 08-Apr-2005 15:33

Cadwell, May 14. Hopefully, everyone will have calmed down by then. These first rounds, recently, seem to have been a bit of a mayhem by some reports.

Garry Smith 09-Apr-2005 18:11

Lets hope so. We are at Cadwell the week after you.
Good luck, is the bike finished and ready to go?

bradders 09-Apr-2005 18:22

not sure where darley moor is, but good luck anyway.:)

Felix 09-Apr-2005 18:58

Garry, the bike is sitting in the garage all ready to go. This is the first time that it wasn't a mad scramble to finish the bike for the first race.

skidlids 09-Apr-2005 19:07

Garry I like the circuit, maybe something to do with a few 4ths and a 3rd, watch out for Deano's 998R at the hairpin as his out-braking attempts can sometimes end in tears.
Traffic on the way up on Friday is usually horendous and if you get there early they usually don't let you in as the race school is running.
But as I said I still like it Rain or shine but if it is wet stay off the grass and the many kerbs which is not easy especially when you get a gentle shove.

Garry Smith 10-Apr-2005 10:41

Thanks for the tips Kev.

Are you planning on doing any NG meetings this season?