Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Some "must do before you race it" advice please (/showthread.php?t=173302)

Jonzi 27-Dec-2012 18:05

Some "must do before you race it" advice please

I've got myself a Ducati 600ss that was raced by Ian, #100 last year

I have had the belts done. Oil changed, valves shimmed (I think, this is all new to me!), fitted a full fairing some other little bits and going to get a quick action throttle

What else should I do? Is it worth getting a dynojet stage 2? Refurb the rear shock?

Cheers

chris.p 27-Dec-2012 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonzi
I've got myself a Ducati 600ss that was raced by Ian, #100 last year

I have had the belts done. Oil changed, valves shimmed (I think, this is all new to me!), fitted a full fairing some other little bits and going to get a quick action throttle

What else should I do? Is it worth getting a dynojet stage 2? Refurb the rear shock?

Cheers

Get the suspension set to suit your weight.

Chris:burn:

SeeleyG50 27-Dec-2012 18:36

Welcome.

You're gonna love it.

The only thing you need to modify further, for the time being, is your brain. Re calibrate to 'If in doubt, flat out'. :D

Seriously, get a few track days/practice when you can and then think about further mods. :biaggi:

Andy

mat2hew 27-Dec-2012 18:48

Quote:

What else should I do?

check everything, nuts and bolts, check everything for leaks or cracks and wiggle everything to make sure it isn't going to fall off, clean it, check your wheel bearings and head bearings.

and most importantly, get some practice riding it.

Si1208 27-Dec-2012 19:11

Welcome!!

+1 to all of the above. Be wary of trying the Dynojet thing unless you have free access to dyno time and endless patience. Don't ask me how I know :rolleyes: ...but if you really want to go for it, I have a stage 2 kit knocking around somewhere in the garage :D

Simon #74

dunlop0_1 27-Dec-2012 20:08

What Andy and Matt said is spot on. :D

Cranker V2 28-Dec-2012 11:25

Go to Asda or any other big supermarket to get a few big cardboard boxes. You will need them to put the bits of bike in at some point during the season. Its far easier to transport it home this way. :roll:

dunlop0_1 28-Dec-2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranker V2
Go to Asda or any other big supermarket to get a few big cardboard boxes. You will need them to put the bits of bike in at some point during the season. Its far easier to transport it home this way. :roll:

Oh you are awful. :lol:

Jonzi 28-Dec-2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranker V2

Bike for sale. One careful owner.

Thanks for all the advice, even Crankers!

I'm off to Cartagena in jan on the bike. Will see how she goes then and consider the dyno stuff after.

mat2hew 30-Dec-2012 12:42

Quote:

Will see how she goes then and consider the dyno stuff after.

it will go really slow,,,,,, they all do, and it will go slow when you've spent £££ on it. the biggest improvement is always rider improvement.