Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Non Starter (/showthread.php?t=13795)

Rocker 02-Feb-2005 00:57

Non Starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just watched my MS disapear up the road in the dealers van
Just before Christmas I had my bike serviced then rode it home about 2 miles put it in the garage hooked up to the optimate and left it. Due to a combination of bad weather salty roads and work I hadn't used it until today. As I'm on leave this week and the weather is good today I thought I would take it for a ride but it refuses to start. The battery is fully charged and I have fuel. The engine turns over fine but will not fire up
Foutunately one of the experts from Ducati UK is due at the shop today so hopefully either he or the shops mechanic will be able to work something out

Greybloke 02-Feb-2005 01:17

Here's to a quick fix:)

Keep us up to date

Rocker 02-Feb-2005 01:23

As you probably realised I typed my post this morning and then got distracted and failed to send it. I now know that the CPU has closed down completely so I await a new one.
I dread to think how long I shall be without the bike for:(
Anyone know how available replacements CPUs tend to be?

[Edited on 2-2-2005 by Rocker]

Ian 02-Feb-2005 22:41

you've used the bike too much ;) - I guess the avaliablty depends on how common a problem it is, - as soon as i mentioned mist on the speedo unit it was sorted as parts on on D UK shelves.

be interesting to hear how it all goes.

Rocker 02-Feb-2005 23:02

6000 miles in a year I guess is over use. I mean ehat should really take about 3 years;)
I understand that my CPU is on it's way from the factory on an urgent order which means it comes by air. Hopefully this means I shall have it on the road for Mayday at Hastings if I'm lucky:)

KeefyB 12-Feb-2005 20:49

Hmm,I've now got a big space in the garage where the 'Strada should be.:(
The bike started missfiring on the way to the AGM.The EOBD light came on and the front cylinder cut out completely.:mad:
Had to call Ducati Assist who sent out a very nice man with a trailer.
The bike is now up at Italia.Could be a knackered coil,CPU or both.While its up there I'll get them to do the oil hoses and new brake banjo bolts.

Rocker 13-Feb-2005 08:00

Hope you get it sorted quickly. My CPU was ordered late on the Tues afternoon was flown in from Italy at the bike was ready to roll Fri afternoon complete with new oil lines.
As a matter of interest the part number for the CPU had been superceeded

KeefyB 13-Feb-2005 08:08

I hope so too,but Italia seem to be slightly down the pecking order where deliveries are concerned.:(

Rocker 13-Feb-2005 08:27

Have they ordered it as an urgent order because the bike is off the road?

KeefyB 13-Feb-2005 18:45

Quote:

Originally posted by Rocker
Have they ordered it as an urgent order because the bike is off the road?
Dunno mate,I'm not holding my breath for a quick fix.