Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Good Luck Kevin Curtain! WSS race (/showthread.php?t=37304)

TP 08-Oct-2006 12:43

Good Luck Kevin Curtain! WSS race

The 40 year old Aussie needs to finish 8th or better this race to win the WSS title from Frenchman Sebastion Charpentier.

Who would you rather see win? A Frenchman or an Aussie.

COME ON AUSSIE!!!

Will he join fellow Aussies Andrew Pitt, Chris Vermuelen and Karl Muggeridge as recent WSS champions? I bloody well hope so!

Also, good luck to Stuart Easton on the Ducati!

rockhopper 08-Oct-2006 13:01

Oh dear...

TP 08-Oct-2006 13:03

:( :( :( :(

He's just crashed out of 5th place.

The only way Kev can win now is if Charpentier finished lower than 3rd or came off. Not that I'm willing anyone to fall off, because that hurts!

:(

TP 08-Oct-2006 13:06

To be fair to Charpentier, if he didn't injure himself mid-season he would have been nearly unassailable in the championship so he equally deserves it.

Good luck to him.

I'm so gutted for Kevin Curtain, poor bastid.

Ray 10-Oct-2006 12:03

Watched a recording of the WSS race last night. They didn't get a shot of what happened to Curtain only the aftermath and the bike being dragged away, I guess the comic will have a story.

Maybe nerves got the better of Curtain, it was his to loose?

Charpentier couldn't believe it.

In some respects the WSS is tougher than WSB, the riders only get one race per meet, mess up and there is no second chance like in WSB with two races per meet.

Interesting reason at to why Curtain rides with a clear visor unlike his peers, he reckons he can spot oil on the track better, not down to the trouble he's had with his eyes, one tough cookie.

Ray.

TP 10-Oct-2006 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray
Watched a recording of the WSS race last night. They didn't get a shot of what happened to Curtain only the aftermath and the bike being dragged away, I guess the comic will have a story.

Maybe nerves got the better of Curtain, it was his to loose?

Charpentier couldn't believe it.

In some respects the WSS is tougher than WSB, the riders only get one race per meet, mess up and there is no second chance like in WSB with two races per meet.

Interesting reason at to why Curtain rides with a clear visor unlike his peers, he reckons he can spot oil on the track better, not down to the trouble he's had with his eyes, one tough cookie.

Ray.

Yeah I was pretty gutted for him I must admit.

I'd like to know what happened to him, whether he cracked under nerves or whether there was something else. Who knows.

Anyway, he didn't win the championship so oh well.

Poor bugger!

phillc 10-Oct-2006 12:43

40 years old and challenging for the WSS title..........

There's hope for me yet! ;-)

Iconic944ss 10-Oct-2006 14:58

Poor Curtain took himself out sadly:

http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~PICTURES--Curtain-falls--loses-world-championship-~cid~5~id~138668.htm

Frank

Found via our RSS News feeds here:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/fo...play.php?f=120

TP 10-Oct-2006 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic944ss

A very sad end then.

Oh well, I'd be happy challenging for a world championship at age 40.

I'd be happy challenging for a world title at ANY age! But alas, I'm not good enough :(