Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Anybody tried Diablo Stradas? (/showthread.php?t=34023)

Jools 25-Jul-2006 11:15

Anybody tried Diablo Stradas?

OK, I'll have a few pennies together to get some new tyres at the end of the week. Since both my bikes need new tyres, I've decided to treat the ST to the new ones and fit some part worn Dunlops to my 888 (which should see it through to the end of September when it will swap SORN with the ST).

The ST is currently on Diablos which have proven their worth on this bike on trackdays and in the wet. However, since the ST is going back more towards the touring end of the equation (now I have a proper sportsbike), I'm looking for a bit more mileage than the 4000 I get out of a rear Diablo and I was wondering what the Diablo Strada was like? By my reckoning it should be built to the same construction but just have a harder compound - so similar feel with a little less grip.

I would like them to last a year, but since I'm now looking at doing cadwell on the ST I would also like to get a trackday out of them (if Glyn can do Cadwell on Macadams I'm sure I'll manage on Stradas)

Any experience or thoughts on these tyres???

clockwork orange 25-Jul-2006 11:23

Hubby's multi has them on & done a trackday. He says they are pretty good in the wet as well.

ChrisBushell 25-Jul-2006 12:05

Jools,

I have had a set on the ST4 for a year or so now and find them excellent. Good wear and grip balance.

Chris

katana 27-Jul-2006 14:50

Got a set on my bandit 6 and they are brilliant can't fault them in the wet or dry but hey its not winter yet.