Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   My membership logo (/showthread.php?t=31494)

ath748 02-Jun-2006 09:33

My membership logo

Why does this not appear when I've just renewed my subs and received my new card for this year?

Not happy here.

ath748 02-Jun-2006 09:35

And I can't upload my avatar - it wants to be 19kb maximum! I wouldn't be able to see that with a set of binoculars!! Can anyone help me with that? I don't have a lot of picture editing software or experience!

ali 02-Jun-2006 09:43

hi,

send your avatar to ali@bisson.com and I'll squeeze it down to sub-19kb.

Cheers,

Ali

lancisto 02-Jun-2006 09:46

I know what you mean about the size. I had to re upload my avatar, but I used photo shop to adjust the image size and when I finally lowered the pixels enough it was only 90X68, and it was very small on screen, but it turned out ok on the board. Although I could of probably gone a bit bigger as the size was only 16.4Kb.
Give it a go and take a look, you can always remove it if it doesn't look right.

At least the suns shining today

Half man half mole 02-Jun-2006 10:11

I use a tool called Irfanview to resize my photos for my avatars.

Download and install it, open the picture you want to use, select the 'Image' drop down menu and 'resize' option. The save the new size and upload to site. easy!

A tool so simple event the non-technical mole can cope with it.

Hope this is of some help.

Moley

lizzie 02-Jun-2006 10:24

Re the roundel - that's my fault, sorry! Until we had the new board, I had to ask the webteam to do it for me, but now I can do it. Or at least, Eamonn has given me instructions on how to do it, but I've not yet had the time to follow them through as I've been doing trackday admin stuff this week.

Please can you bear with me until I get the chance on Sunday - I was planning on using those of you that have renewed in the last few days as guinea-pigs. If I can't work it out on Sunday, I'll ask the webteam to do it for you then if that's OK....

ath748 02-Jun-2006 15:51

OK people, no worries. Avatar sorted, cheers Ali, and I will wait patiently for the roundel.

I feel much better now, just got back from a 150 mile blast around the south. Clutch hand is aching, but I'm buzzing again. :-)

Ade.