Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   It's Really Happening - Ilmor X3 and MotoGP (/showthread.php?t=37202)

phillc 06-Oct-2006 13:44

It's Really Happening - Ilmor X3 and MotoGP

From a number of sources today it is confirmed that the Ilmor X3 800cc MotoGP bike will be lining up on the grid in the final two 2006 rounds!

http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/165

I'm excited about next season already.

TP 06-Oct-2006 14:19

Me too! Nice one mate.

:D

It will be good to see Garry McCoy back on a GP bike too after being so close on the yamaha, go Gazza!

phillc 06-Oct-2006 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
It will be good to see Garry McCoy back on a GP bike too after being so close on the yamaha, go Gazza!

Well, everything I've read so far talks about McCoy racing for Ilmor in the final two rounds this year. I think they're being deliberately vague about their rider plans for next year. With a good showing now, maybe McCoy is in with a shot. Although who knows...... rumour has it that there's a tall Texan looking for a job come 2007.

TP 06-Oct-2006 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillc
Well, everything I've read so far talks about McCoy racing for Ilmor in the final two rounds this year. I think they're being deliberately vague about their rider plans for next year. With a good showing now, maybe McCoy is in with a shot. Although who knows...... rumour has it that there's a tall Texan looking for a job come 2007.

And a short fella from Derbyshire ... short furry dude's news ...