Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Oxon/Berks Ride to Popham Sunday 12th June (/showthread.php?t=84437)

skidlids 09-Jun-2011 22:04

Oxon/Berks Ride to Popham Sunday 12th June

I know its the weekend of the British round of Moto GP and I would love to be there supporting Cal but alas funds can't stretch for the type of ticket I would like so I'll be setting the TV recorder and heading for Popham

So the plan is the same as last month which is for those travelling from the Oxford area we will be meeting up at H-Cafe at 10am with a view to departing at 10:30
before heading down to Nelsons Diner to pick up any of the Berks riders there, Hopefully we will be departing from Nelsons at 12 Noon to make our way down to Popham

skidlids 11-Jun-2011 22:28

Could be a lonely ride at this rate :(

Although Kev and Trudi will hopefully be joining me on theirnew two-up mobile

And will Buggsy be there on his Evo Stealth

And possiby 007 with new boots on his 996

bradders 11-Jun-2011 23:11

better bring the waterproofs

skidlids 11-Jun-2011 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
better bring the waterproofs

Thats code for CAR isn't it :)

bradders 12-Jun-2011 10:14

Very wet here altho I'm a fair few miles south of popham

skidlids 12-Jun-2011 23:10

The usual Oxon/Berks adventure, I decided I didn't want to get cold and wet so took the car but still met Kev, Trudi and Buggsy over H-Cafe and then caught up with them again later at Nelsons Diner and then Popham
Buggsy's 1 day old 848 Evo decided to spring a leak from its radiator while Kev's recent 1000DS purchase sprang a leak from its rear tyre.

So Buggsy went home via AA recovery, while Kev made use of Steve's compressor to get some air in the rear tyre and then ride it to the local petrol station to fill it with Tyre Weld. Kev then rode off heading for Oxford while Trudi and I trailed in the car with Steve's handy compressor for company in case Kev's tyre need some more air.
Thankfully by the time we caught up with Kev he was back at home safe and sound.
We try to make Oxon/Berks rideouts interesting :)

007 13-Jun-2011 18:37

Sorry I missed you all!

We had friends to visit, so no bikes (or bike meets) this weekend.

Look forward to catching up soon.

Regards,

James