Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Alternative exhausts (/showthread.php?t=974)

belthead 21-Jul-2003 17:15

Monty -

Last year , from the look at the old msg. board threads - you were looking at some £1250 all in, with new ECU etc.

Now that the ecu is being set by the dealer , what did you go for, what pipes, is it good, worth the dosh, and how closer to penury have you been driven ?

All info rec'd with interrest , as like the idea. ( and how long to fit ? )

Monty 21-Jul-2003 18:05

You're going to hate me mate. Bought some Ducati Performance carbon Cans from Fletch off this board, 3000 miles old £150! They sound lovely, although I thought they were a bit loud to start with. Fitting couldn't be easier, 2 screws and one spring secure them both, takes about 2 minutes to change them.:D

John

belthead 28-Jul-2003 17:40

Hate you I do at £150 a pair !!!!
Enjoy them and I will remain vaguely green.

Aotearoa 29-Jul-2003 10:59

I brought a pair of Aluminium oval Leo Vince's for mine ( second hand ) ...have no idea how they sound as they are in a box here and the bike is in a box in NZ...let you know in 2 months.
Have seen a couple of pairs on e-bay ...The Loot online is also worth a look as i have seen some there as well.

Martin Morrell 31-Jul-2003 12:06

;)got my new 4s comming this weekend anyone got good contact for some louder cans than the standard one??::yawn:

if only life was so good £150!!! for that sweet reverb i wish monty

Rushjob 31-Jul-2003 12:45

Nelly may be able to assist you Martin.....

Aotearoa 31-Jul-2003 13:15

If you really want to hear load ....i fired mine up with no cans on it !!! DAM DAM DAM ...my wife , who unfortunately was behind the bike at the time , nearly fouled her pants ...wouldn't say it sounded sweet but twas certainly LOUD!!:sing::sing:

PaulC 31-Jul-2003 15:12

Aussie option

As Monty will attest to, my ST2 sounds pretty good with a set of Australian made Staintune stainless pipes. Mine was the first to have them fitted and we had a few problems with the hitting the swingarm and centre stand, but this has since been sorted. They don't seal quite as well as the originals double seal at the join, which means it pops a bit on the overrun, but I don't mind this. If you speciify you can get the US version which has a removable insert in the end so you can vary your noise level. I have seen adverts for local distributors.

Paul James 01-Aug-2003 00:21

Why not just have the standard cans gutted, it keeps the markings on the outside and they sound quite loud. Mine sets off the odd car alarm and has the older generation running for cover in their Anderson shelters.

Martin Morrell 04-Aug-2003 10:42

Gutted how i may ask paul as im not that mechanically minded:o but i could wait in anticipation

Nelly any ideas/help