Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Ebay dispute (/showthread.php?t=79917)

Col996s 30-Jun-2009 17:07

Ebay dispute

My daughter bought two tickets off Ebay for a London show. They never arrived and she is £85 down. The Guy has now been struck off Ebay but did reply to my email saying that she needs to claim her money back off Paypal as this is the only way he can refund it.
I logged a dispute with Paypal but this was closed the same day giving a reason of "no files were attached" what ever that means?
I tried filing anothe dispute but it will only allow one dispute per transaction.
As far as I can see it is impossible to pick up the phone and speak to a human at either Ebay or Paypal.
Anybody got any suggestions please?

antonye 30-Jun-2009 17:12

I get a telephone number to call ebay on - I think this is a special thing if you have a certain feedback rating. The number is 020 8080 2105 - use at your own risk!

MJS 30-Jun-2009 21:14

I had a dispute with a non-ebay transaction for which I used paypal - paypal were, as in your experience - useless. Eventually my own credit card company who I had funded the paypal account agreed to refund me the money as a good will gesture - maybe worth a try.

Good luck

Col996s 30-Jun-2009 23:37

Unfortunatly my daughter paid by debit card.
I actually got to speak to a human tonight at Ebay, (thanks Ant, number worked) or at least I think he was human. No bl**dy help at all! His answer to every question was "it's not our problem it's Paypals phone them".
Tried phoning them, get stuck in a menu loop where it kept telling me to log on and open up a dispute. At one point I was shouting down the phone to a piece of tape "I've done that, no use at all that's why I'm ringing up to speak to someone you idoit"
The guy has been banned from Ebay. They must have done this for a reason but they refuse to look into it. I hate them all.

TopiToo 01-Jul-2009 00:48

Hello Col996s

In the past I had a dispute with an ebay seller,
payment was made through Paypal, if your in for the long haul
write an email to Paypal everyday for three weeks:(

They did eventually give my money back, with the usual
"this is not company policy, but under these circumstance etc etc"

well it worked:)

TopiToo

chris.p 01-Jul-2009 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col996s
Unfortunatly my daughter paid by debit card.
I actually got to speak to a human tonight at Ebay, (thanks Ant, number worked) or at least I think he was human. No bl**dy help at all! His answer to every question was "it's not our problem it's Paypals phone them".
Tried phoning them, get stuck in a menu loop where it kept telling me to log on and open up a dispute. At one point I was shouting down the phone to a piece of tape "I've done that, no use at all that's why I'm ringing up to speak to someone you idoit"
The guy has been banned from Ebay. They must have done this for a reason but they refuse to look into it. I hate them all.

I contacted my bank (Lloyds) after I did not recieve goods from an on line supplier that I had paid for with my debit card, it was only around £13 but I had it refunded, I did have to send copies of all the unanswered emails etc, but it was refunded no problem, give it a try.

Chris:burn:

Col996s 01-Jul-2009 08:24

Thanks for your replies.
I'm not going to let this one drop.

Paul James 01-Jul-2009 08:52

Hope you manage to sort it. My experiences with Ebay and Paypal haven't always been too impressive. One guy opened a dispute against me for not sending goods, ebay upheld it and paid him back from my account even though I had a certificate of posting. Couple of weeks later he had the item on ebay for sale so the barsteward did receive it! Another time a seller plagiarised one of my unique listings, even down to the pictures, of a custom made item that I had possession of so I bought it at auction and refused to pay (knowing that just reporting it would not get ebay shifted). They could clearly see the copied listing but rather than go at the plagiarist tried to ban me from using ebay.

Good luck trying to sort the problem Col !

Paul

Col996s 01-Jul-2009 21:30

Just got off the phone speaking to Paypal. Apparently my claim was thrown out because the claim was made more than 45 days from the original transaction. I tried telling her that when you buy tickets it is normal practice for the vendor to send them out up to a week before the concert which could be months later. Her response was basically tough, as a buyer this is the risk you take. When I said what should I do now she had the audacity to say report the matter to the police.
All the claims made about protecting the buyer are a load of bull.

Mr. Angry of Essex.

Paul James 02-Jul-2009 09:31

Sorry to hear it but afraid I'm not surprised mate. :( :(