Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Finally she's mine (/showthread.php?t=14269)

Tonio600 16-Feb-2005 13:38

Finally she\'s mine

I came back from France yesterday with Julie3 !

Julie is my girlfriend, Julie2 is my 600 Monster (which I want to keep in a very good condition just for road use), and Julie3 is the 620 Sport I bought for the DD race series (and others track days by the way...).

I paid £2400 for her, and I get :
- a 620 Sport year 2002, about 1000 miles, just ran 4 races (but felt once or twice lol).
- a lot of spare parts : 2 extra wheels with discs and wet tyres (wet tyres for sale, very good price :D), several fairings (not all in a good condition), an extra tank, etc... (I don't know all words in english).

I just put my ass on it yesterday evening for a little try in the street of my garage (without ligths etc... so it was very quickly done) and I really look forward a trackday in March to try it on the road.

The bike is ready to race (that's the kind of bike I wanted, just because I haven't enough time, tools or space to do what I want with it in England). But I think I will look for somebody able to make (paint ?) her a new colour, because she is not very nice at the moment and I prefer to come with a "not too ugly" bike for the first race (at least the first race :D) just by respect for the organizers and the other riders.

I'll post here some pictures as soon as I can.

ali 16-Feb-2005 13:54

Many congrats Tonio! 620 sport would be my tool of choice if I had the cash....

Good idea getting a pre-raced one, but not that many around in the UK.:(

See you on track soon. :)

Ali

dickieducati 16-Feb-2005 14:13

congratulations, sounds ideal and ready to go now.

plenty of spares too.

i think everyone pretty much has their bikes now, just all rushing to get them ready for the first races.

Dibble 16-Feb-2005 14:14

is it left hand drive ????? :frog:

Tonio600 16-Feb-2005 15:28

No, SHE is voice drive :lol:
I just have to speak nicely to her... :roll:

TP 16-Feb-2005 15:36

Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy
never let me ride it then, i can only be nice to females for a short time period then i'd be horrible and she'd kick me in the nuts .

That would be hilarious, give Weeksy a ride :D

;)

:lol:

Rattler 16-Feb-2005 15:40

Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy
Quote:

Originally posted by Tonio600
No, SHE is voice drive :lol:
I just have to speak nicely to her... :roll:

never let me ride it then, i can only be nice to females for a short time period then i'd be horrible and she'd kick me in the nuts .

Not until you'd spent a fortune on her though!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o ;)

skidlids 16-Feb-2005 19:48

Look forward to seeing a pic of her

Tonio600 16-Feb-2005 20:02

Look forward to spend time on her :D

Living in the South of London, what is the easiest way for me to join a trackday and test my bike ? Can I go to Brands and ask "Hello, I would like to try my bike, what is the price ?"...

Dibble 16-Feb-2005 23:37

www.uktrackdays.co.uk

select "Bike Days" from the left hand menu and it will open up a trackday calender, find a date and a circuit that suits you and it will tell you who to call to book it.

Do not book online as thats an extra £10 usually.