Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   big service and very lucky (/showthread.php?t=29007)

Ian 748 04-Apr-2006 21:23

big service and very lucky

As usual I’d left the bike service to the last minute again and a quick ring round the usual suspects showed them well and truly booked up. The local Duke dealer I had used until this year (and didn’t want to use again) had gone belly up and I was stuck. Then uncharacteristically I had a stroke of luck whilst searching the board, I don’t recall who (but thanks mate) had mentioned Jeff Green of GTEC in their post but a quick read of the web site looked impressive and just a few miles down the road to boot.
After a phone call and a few probing questions I was happy and the bike was booked in. A friendly chat and a good look round over a coffee revealed an astounding knowledge of all things Ducati and one seriously clean tidy workshop. I left the bike and spent the next few days hoping I wouldn’t get the dreaded rockers phone call, I’ll give Jeff his due as he did try to soften the blow but seven in one go does tend to come as a bit of a shock. After inspecting the offending items and with nothing to lose Ducati were approached for a possible out of warranty claim. It turned out that good fortune was on my side as my circumstances were viewed as favourable (who ever gave it the nod thank you). With a huge sigh of relief and replacements on the way my interest was drawn on the attention to detail as I was shown round some of the work. All explained as to what/ why and even popped apart to aid explanations a few times, it really does make a big difference when you can talk to the man that's doing the work. Got the bike back this Saturday and it feels soooo much better, tight /smooth/quiet and crisp.
So lets have some sun please…. I’m good to go.
:D:D:D:burn:

YMFB 04-Apr-2006 21:37

great hear a positive story

Ian_km 05-Apr-2006 10:02

Good to hear you had more luck with Ducati UK than me :sniff:

KeefyB 05-Apr-2006 16:18

Thats great news mate,see you on a rideout soon.;):D

rob holmes 05-Apr-2006 17:36

out of warranty claim you jammy git! what year is your bike mate?:sing:

Fordie 05-Apr-2006 19:19

Now that you've saved your self a fortune on rocker cost's ,looks like the tea's are on you at the next BHCN ride out :lol: Good to hear about it though. 4D

Stealth 05-Apr-2006 19:39

I think Jeff used to work for Ducati Uk. Would this have helped your case?

Glyn 05-Apr-2006 19:46

sorted
you about this sunday

Glyn 05-Apr-2006 19:51

where is this gtec then??

Ian 748 05-Apr-2006 22:40

Ymfb it’s great to be able to post one that’s for sure.
Ian every time I think about it I consider myself extremely fortunate.:sing:
Just glad it’ll be on two wheels Keefy.
It’s registered 02 Rob.
Pete believe it or not the day before the rocker call my car blew up so I had to buy a new un. Teas I can do… a pot to pppppppput it in I cannot.:D
Stealth Jeff did work for Ducati UK but I couldn’t hazard a guess if that had any bearing or not.
I plan to be out Glyn and Gtec is close to market harborough mate.