Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Brake pads bought on Ebay, what would you do... (/showthread.php?t=28313)

Tonio600 18-Mar-2006 11:00

Brake pads bought on Ebay, what would you do...

Hi,

I've just received the rear pas I bought for my DD bike. Item description is below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8043677737

And attached is what I received...

I know that's not a big issue, £10 or something, but I think that kind of sale is not very fair... What do you reckon?

antonye 18-Mar-2006 11:16

Email first to say you're not happy that they are not as described - it may be a genuine mistake.

If he doesn't respond, file a buyer complain with ebay and paypal to get your money back.

Finally, leave honest feedback.

Charlie 18-Mar-2006 11:24

Also print a copy from the auction complete with pictures.

marchesini 18-Mar-2006 11:29

Looks like a mistake to me. It seems like he mainly deals in MX parts so I guess he just picked up some brake pads without checking and sent them off.

If he has pulled a fast one then an e-mail and bad feedback as already suggested. Surely he's not going to ruin his 100% feedback record over a tenner?

Nice logo, by the way! ;)

twpd 18-Mar-2006 11:37

Not as described. Contact the seller.

Tbh I am sick of "merchants" on EBay doing things like this. The much vaunted PayPal protection is pretty much worthless imo as well.

Tonio600 18-Mar-2006 11:41

It doesn't seem to be a mistake, here is what he replied to me

Quote:

they are sintered pads for racing,they are similar to braking systems sintered pads.

So I asked for an exchange (or a refund)...

Half man half mole 18-Mar-2006 11:54

As the item supplied differs from the item advertised, I'd say you were in a strong position.

I've had disputes resolved using Paypal system, quickly, and recieved full refunds.

The seller has 100% feedback so bring it to their attention your intention to leave negative feedback (so damaging their reputation) if this is not resolved quickly and to your full satisfaction.

Finally, consider mentioning the Sale of Goods Act as the item is "not fit for the purpose it has been sold" as a last resort.

Hope this helps,

Moley:rodent:

Tonio600 19-Mar-2006 00:19

Cheers guys... I'm still waiting for an answer from the seller regarding an exchange for the EBC pads or a refund, if nothing happens I'll start a dispute.

Scooter916 19-Mar-2006 00:47

Tonio
Nail bomb the scamming T*at :sing:
If you need any pads bringing to caddy let me know , got a shelf full of em
Glyn

Tonio600 19-Mar-2006 01:00

Cheers Glyn, if he can't exchange them for those I expected then I'll get him refund me and I'll let you know what I need for Cadwell (basically rear brake pads :lol: ).