Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   ACF-50 - Any Good? (/showthread.php?t=39252)

B19PSK 26-Nov-2006 18:02

ACF-50 - Any Good?

I ride my Duke every day and she is starting to suffer. I worried about salt spray. ACF-50 looks good on paper, but at £99 per 4 litres so expensive.

Any deals out there?

Anyone actually used it?

CK 26-Nov-2006 18:05

anti corrosive aircraft spray?

very good - particularly great for getting rid of corrosion, but dont know what its like for protection

Martinp 26-Nov-2006 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK
anti corrosive aircraft spray?

very good - particularly great for getting rid of corrosion, but dont know what its like for protection

According to the instructions you should spray it on and leave it.
Protection wise it seems to work I think, but to be honest i'm not entirely sure I clean my bikes every week anyway so and i dont have another bike that I dont use it on to compare. I think if you tend to leave cleaning to once a month or longer I reckon you notice.

RD 26-Nov-2006 18:56

I've never used it, but I've heard its very good and very expensive.
I think M&P or Busters Accessories recommend it and rave on about it.

Gizmo 26-Nov-2006 19:02

try Scottoiler 365, about £25 for 4.5 litres, it needs reapplying after it gets washed off but seems to protect well. i ride in winter and live just below Shap so we get quite a lot of grit on the roads ( Shap was almost blocked with snow last weekend!!) used it all last winter and the bike still looks good.

749er 26-Nov-2006 19:02

I use it along with Scottoiler 365, both very good

Ray 28-Nov-2006 09:26

ACF 50 got mentioned in the comic recently as an excellent protector for bikes used in winter, don't recal it being as expensive as the quote above.

Yep it used on aircraft so I guess it works, nothing more embarasing than yer wings giving ya a round of applause for that tricky landing:D

I'll see if I can find the tip.

Ray.

YMFB 28-Nov-2006 18:41

yes it does both, i nought mine from http://www.briliant.biz but Im not sure they still sell ACF 50

Ray 29-Nov-2006 08:02

Can't find the MCN it was in. It looks like ACF 50 is being touted as wonder product for bikes, a quick search brings up more hits for bikes than aircraft:o

I would say if its for aircraft use it's gonna do what its supposed to do.

It looks like the price is pretty steep though, available in aerosol's, 1 litre and 4 litres.

Ray.

rcgbob44 29-Nov-2006 11:05

many years ago i sprayed a new bike with WD40 every day for a week, after that time you get a hard protective crust form that can be washed of with parafin in spring time.