Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Anyone watched MotoGP? Dibble: Don't read!!! (/showthread.php?t=17115)

Felix 03-May-2005 15:13

Anyone watched MotoGP? Dibble: Don\'t read!!!

I know our budding racers were too busy racing themselves, but being stuck with DIY chores, at least gave me the opportunity to watch the Chinese GP.

Rossi had another great race with many things going his way. Really felt for Suzuki when Roberts' bike came to a halt. Gibernau claimed that his rear tyre started vibrating on the warm-up lap and couldn't get up to the pace. Although, Michelin says:
Quote:

"We've inspected Sete's rear tyre and so far found nothing wrong with it, but we will make further analysis while the team will inspect the bike."

Hmmm, is this just Gibernau having to come up with another excuse? His well televised inspection of the rear tyre after stopping immediately after crossing the finish line, was a bit theatrical for my taste. If he is right, then the bloke simply has more bad luck than he deserves.

Ride of the day clearly goes to Olivier Jacque!

TP 03-May-2005 15:15

OJ rode a great race!! And so did Jurgen but this was somewhat overshadowed by OJ.

Rossi smooth as ever and bad luck for Roberts!

Shame about Troy!

Dibble 03-May-2005 15:16

Felicia ....... bog off ..... x .... :D

keefer 03-May-2005 15:17

yes I watch it and thought much the same about Gibernau (he should be a footballer) then went into work today and everyone there thought the same, He's a bad looser and a whiner,
Don't like him and hope he doesn't win another race

ath748 03-May-2005 15:19

Quote:

Originally posted by keefer
yes I watch it and thought much the same about Gibernau (he should be a footballer) then went into work today and everyone there thought the same, He's a bad looser and a whiner,
Don't like him and hope he doesn't win another race

I gotta agree with you there.

Felix 03-May-2005 15:24

Have to admit that it can't be fun for Honda at the moment. Rossi is beating them everywhere, rain or shine. Gibernau has his head to worry about and Max is nowhere. Melandri might be the Honda rider of 2005. He is very impressive and has adapted well to the big bikes.

So, what's wrong with Max? Is he simply past it? How about Edwards? Expected more from him. Let's hope that Capirossi finds a bit more speed when he is fully fit.

keefer 03-May-2005 15:30

I think H0NDA are getting all that they disserve at the moment, the only rider I cant remember them D1KING about was Mick Dohan, and even he had to ask for things to be put back as they were on a few occasions,
Max Biagi was cast out by H0NDA long ago when they should of concentrated on making him a champion, you don't see many riders wining there first ever race on a 500, he did and in style,
I don't think H0NDA know which basket to put there eggs in at the mo,
And its good to see Valantino giving them a good kicking when there down

[Edited on 3-5-2005 by keefer]

Felix 03-May-2005 15:40

Don't hold back now, Keefer. :lol:

Just looked at the overall standings and OJ is now 7th in the Championship, one point ahead of Nakano on the other Kawasaki. Could it be that OJ will "do a Lavilla" and make Hofmann loose his ride? I suppose we'll have to wait for a dry race for a more accuratre picture.

Steve M 03-May-2005 15:44

I think you're right Felix - we've seen the best of Max and he is losing his pace (and maybe Capirossi?)

As for Edwards, he's had a top bike for the last 2 seasons now and not really impressed, another WSB rider not quite able to move up to MotoGP?

antonye 03-May-2005 15:48

Look at Gibber's past form:

Round 1 - Didn't win, he moans something is wrong with the bike.
Round 2 - Didn't win, he moans something is wrong with the bike.
Round 3 - Didn't win, he moans something is wrong with the bike.

Can you see the pattern here?

I didn't hear Rossi moan about his bike when he came second in Portugal.