Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999 seat cowl (/showthread.php?t=4890)

REDTREV 12-Jan-2004 12:13

999 seat cowl

After a few weeks of trying to come to terms with having to pay a lot of money for a bip/mono conv i finally went down the seat cowl route.
Just got my seat cowl from www.carbonworld.de.
Finish and fit is top notch and looks much better than in the photo's on the web page.
Delivery was just 1 week from order
sorry have not got a clue how to put a picture on this web sight but i will try soon. 237 euro's inc delv to you sir.:D:D:D

LesPaul 12-Jan-2004 13:39

Like the look of that, would like to see a picture of it at a different angle :D.

Darren

LesPaul 12-Jan-2004 14:39

http://www.carbonworld.de/oscommerce...92 42ec86de18 is the start of the carbon stuff

http://www.carbonworld.de/oscommerce...p?cPath=22_104 is the fiberglass stuff

Picture in my post above is of the seat cowl :)

Darren

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by 748daz]

REDTREV 12-Jan-2004 14:45

AlenE
Go to website,look for SHOP, then GLASFIBER and your in the good stuff. Lots to look at in and around there. I've removed my rear pegs and filled the holes in with stanless caphead screws. The cowl comes ready to just fit straight in place of the seat in the seat lock.
Darren
Looks a bit bulbus in the picture but its not.
Makes the rear bodywork look wide from the back and streamlined from the side.
Im well happy with it and im very fussy about things i put on the bike. (like most people) Brought it at first as a fill in till i get the money together for a full tail section but now i like it that much i'm quite happy to not bother. It comes with the red panel lined in black pinstrip.:roll::roll:

niggs999 24-Jan-2004 20:27

bip/mono conversion

im trying to get info for converting my 999 to a single seater youve gone down the cowl route was the fit good?? only ive looked at casoli's effort and not impressed! would u recommend yours??:)
ive priced up changing the rear sub-frame and panels for a single seat unit and was quoted £1150
all the best
niggs 999:o:sing::roll:

Triple Nine 24-Jan-2004 22:14

Trusting in you M8, ordered mine tonight:D

REDTREV 02-Feb-2004 09:36

Sorry guys been away for a few days,
nigg999 - if it comes in as good as mine it will be supperb. Fits well all the way round.
Triple nine - you will not be disapointed.

Triple Nine 18-Feb-2004 20:25

Arrived, and fitted, looks the dogs, thanks M8.

LesPaul 20-Feb-2004 08:23

Orderd mine yesterday :D

Darren

Rod 01-Apr-2004 11:56

Carbonworld Seat Cowl on order

Sent off the money today for both the painted white/red seat cowl and the oil cooler panel, as both seem of a really high quality. I was a little alarmed at the so called bigger suppliers of carbon fibre parts which are actually glass fibre covered in carbon sheets !! Its not as if they are cheaper either