Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Assistance requested: KRC Endurance Entry July 29 (/showthread.php?t=30015)

TP 29-Apr-2006 18:08

Assistance requested: KRC Endurance Entry July 29

Hi :D

Ali, Rattler and myself have decided to try and put together an entry for the KRC Endurance round at Snetterton on the 29th and 30th of July. We are in the embryonic stages of planning and so far we basically need help with everything!

The machine classes are here.

I have potential interest in tyre sponsorship and the offer of some spannering so far. To get us on the grid the first thing we need is a bike. We can't afford to do this by buying a bike so we are looking for assistance/loan bikes or whatever in this area. Our initial thoughts were along the lines of a 600 IL4 but are open to idea's and help. Any help over the weekend with spannering, paddock stands, support etc would be gratefully received and of course so would any financial assistance.

Whatever bike we end up riding, assuming it all comes together, we intend on having one set of bodywork painted up in the colours of any sponsors with the appropriate logo's in place.

If you would like to offer any help, in any capacity, please contact me via u2u or e-mail me at tony.perrin@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)

TP, Tim & Ali

TP 29-Apr-2006 21:17

For an idea of what race day is like at a KRC endurance event please read this --> http://www.krcendurance.co.uk/2006champ.html

Hopefully this will whet a few appetites :D

Grib 29-Apr-2006 21:53

Quite happy to come along and give you guys a hand, whether it be helping with wheel changes or just making tea :) Got a lovely, blue GSXR6 K1 in the workshop that would suit you guys down to the ground ;)

GsxrAge 29-Apr-2006 22:00

Tp what you need mate I know of fully sorted endurance k3 1000 (world championship winning bike) Race trucks etc :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I could help as I have a bit of world endurance Knowledge now and work on 06 R1's most weekends.

Dunno about loan or hire of K3 but I could ask if ya want.

TP 29-Apr-2006 22:02

Quote:

Originally posted by AGE996
Tp what you need mate I know of fully sorted endurance k3 1000 (world championship winning bike) Race trucks etc :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I could help as I have a bit of world endurance Knowledge now and work on 06 R1's most weekends.

Dunno about loan or hire of K3 but I could ask if ya want.

We'd be very appreciative of anything you could offer Age, we've already discussed speaking toyou to try and leverage your experience/contacts in the endurance world.

As for the K3 well there's no harm asking, if you don't ask you don't get!

Cheers,

:D

I'm getting quite excited about this!

GsxrAge 29-Apr-2006 22:17

OK Mate I am back at the workshop tomorrow and will ask the Manager, I know they wanted around £9500 for the K3 but they might hire it out.

I know of one team in the krc who have bought 2 bikes from Phaseone (1 gsxr1000 and a 05 R1) and seem to be doing well with them.

the K3 has quick change wheels front and rear (we do tyres and fuel 24L + rider change in around 20 seconds) dunno about spare wheels tho. might be able to get ya some 195 or 205 tyres as well.

TP 29-Apr-2006 22:31

Quote:

Originally posted by Grib
Quite happy to come along and give you guys a hand, whether it be helping with wheel changes or just making tea :) Got a lovely, blue GSXR6 K1 in the workshop that would suit you guys down to the ground ;)

Thanks Luce :)

No doubt you're aware I've been having a text conversation with Tony this evening. We'd be grateful for any help you could give us - even if its just making tea and being supportive. We'll need someone to calculate times on the bike and do pitboards and all that malarkey I suppose!

Grib 29-Apr-2006 22:34

Ooer, not done pitboards before. I can learn though :)

GsxrAge 29-Apr-2006 22:44

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Thanks Luce :)

No doubt you're aware I've been having a text conversation with Tony this evening. We'd be grateful for any help you could give us - even if its just making tea and being supportive. We'll need someone to calculate times on the bike and do pitboards and all that malarkey I suppose!

Yes mate the time keeping is very important ! you have to work out how many laps you do on fuel (Our r1's do 55 mins on 24L) the time keepers have to write down every lap time, real race time, calculate ETA next lap and time pitstops as they are all very important. You are also the first point of contact for the rider and if you don't bring him in at the right time the rider will not be happy with ya as they have just had to push it in as they ran out of juice.

I was doing 2 hour stints at le Mans on time keeping and once you get the hang of it it quite easy.

twpd 29-Apr-2006 23:03

Having done endurance before I can give a couple of pieces of advice:

1. Spend time getting the bike set up to suit you all or get individual setups, make note of the changes and then arrange you riding order to make it quick and easy to swap between the setups.

2. Make sure you have a good tyre budget. The team I was riding for didn't and we ended up recyling tyres which, was not a lot of fun.

BTW Tony...endurance racing is what you do when you get too old for club racing :lol:

domski 29-Apr-2006 23:16

I can spanner, pit crew, help, build a web page for sponsors???

Bastids, I'm dead jealous ;)

Good luck

domski 29-Apr-2006 23:18

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Our initial thoughts were along the lines of a 600 IL4 but are open to idea's and help.

OK, so now that makes sense ;)

2+2 and all that :P

domski 29-Apr-2006 23:23

Don't you guys fancy running a Ducati?

I'm sure Yeti's old clonker would be good at Snett :lol:

Maybe this could be a DSC Entry? Good for the club, bit of extra exposure, get a Ducati out on the grid (big twin class is easier too).

Someone here must have a bike they'd loan you.

People can chip in some pennies, and we all come along and cheer you guys on?

Maybe? :puzzled::)

domski 29-Apr-2006 23:29

Have you considered renting a bike from Louigi? :eureka:

Rattler 29-Apr-2006 23:33

A Ducati would be great - but would be potentially very expensive. There's a good reason why there's none running in Endurance racing!!! ;)

Rattler 29-Apr-2006 23:34

Oh yeh - I'm getting really excited about doing this. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Rattler 29-Apr-2006 23:44

Quote:

If there's a decent price on the K1 we might be interested - we're gonna need a lot of spares though ;)

NBs996 30-Apr-2006 00:25

See you there boys... I'll be with Portsmouth Yamaha :)

There's some very fast, and some very slow riders in the series - At Brands a couple of weeks ago there were many struggling to get below 1 minute on a nice sunny day, so you guys shouldn't come last by any means.

Don't overlook one thing - For the KRC series you'll need to provide a marshal for the day.

TP 30-Apr-2006 09:34

Thanks Nick :D I figured we had to after reading some of the message boards last night.

We'd love to run a Ducati if someone was kind enough to lend us one. The thing to remember here is that it needs to stand up to 8 hours of being caned by me, Tim and Ali! So it can't really be in a high state of tune - also because when we hand it back we'd have to hand it back with a healthy bit of wedge for a top end rebuild!

Having said that, if someone offered us a Ducati and we could swing it somehow it's game on!

TP 30-Apr-2006 09:39

Quote:

Originally posted by domski
Don't you guys fancy running a Ducati?

I'm sure Yeti's old clonker would be good at Snett :lol:

Well, John hasn't offered but I would imagine that it would be in too high a state of tune?

Quote:

Maybe this could be a DSC Entry? Good for the club, bit of extra exposure, get a Ducati out on the grid (big twin class is easier too).

I've e-mailed the chairman so we'll see what comes back.

Quote:

Someone here must have a bike they'd loan you.

We certainly hope so mate, otherwise we're going to struggle. Unless we can rent one cheap enough to make it viable for us.

Quote:

People can chip in some pennies, and we all come along and cheer you guys on?

Maybe? :puzzled::)

That's an excellent idea. If we want something for the DSC we'd be happy to run club colours or just generally be a focus point for the club.

We'd be very appreciative of any assistance you could offer Dom.

Quote:

Have you considered renting a bike from Louigi? :eureka:

We didn't actually - do you know how much it would be? Also, would he maintain it during the race?!

Hrmm ...

It's important to remember though, all three of us are tarts so we'll race anything nearly but it has to be able to last 8 hours of continual abuse!

[Edited on 30-4-2006 by TP]

antonye 30-Apr-2006 11:45

Tony, I'll put you in touch with my mate Neal who was part of Team UKRM that raced exclusively in KRC endurance for the last few years. He's got plenty of experience in this and can give you loads of tips.

Will u2u you his details.

Felix 30-Apr-2006 12:53

Quote:

Originally posted by twpdBTW Tony...endurance racing is what you do when you get too old for club racing :lol:

:lol::lol:

Jon 30-Apr-2006 17:03

Very commendable boys, but do you realise just how much this is going to cost. Or is this a Weeksy wind up again.;)

Dibble 30-Apr-2006 18:58

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon
Very commendable boys, but do you realise just how much this is going to cost. Or is this a Weeksy wind up again.;)

no, they are waiting for you to offer the RR .....

NBs996 30-Apr-2006 19:36

Jon's RR would be the perfect bike to use.

Jon 30-Apr-2006 19:38

Quote:

Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon

They will wait a long time then:)

Dibble 30-Apr-2006 20:55

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon
Quote:

Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon

They will wait a long time then:)

PMSL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GsxrAge 30-Apr-2006 21:05

Tp Ali and Rattler I have spoken to Russell at Phase one and he would be willing to hire you the K3 1000. If you guys want to discus this pop down on a sat to the workshops and have a look.

Bikes can be built to your specs as well

I will post some pics later.

GsxrAge 30-Apr-2006 22:10

arg can't post pics getting server error !

It won't let me attach a pic :mad:

[Edited on 30-4-2006 by AGE996]

domski 30-Apr-2006 22:27

Wow thats a mega deal, good work Age.

I've been working hard on the...

Race Team Website

:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol:

GsxrAge 30-Apr-2006 22:36

PMSL dom

The bike is more than capable of winning !!!

it still quick enough for top 20 in world endurance !

GsxrAge 30-Apr-2006 22:55

K3 PICS

or a few r1's being made ready for Spain in 3 weeks

domski 30-Apr-2006 23:04

AK 01-May-2006 07:45

Quote:

Wow thats a mega deal, good work Age.

Race Team Website

:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol:

nice work mate:)

ali 01-May-2006 08:35

Quote:

Race Team Website

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pure genius!

Far too busy trying to plan a wedding to get on the board this weekend. 8hrs at Snet should be a cakewalk after sorting out trans-european in-law logistics! :lol:

Massive thanks to Age, Lucie and Dom for the offers of help. You will be taken up on it! Age; special thanks for talking to Phase1 about the K3, I won't pretend that it doesn't scare the bejesus out of me just thinking about running a tuned k3, but I'm sure it'd be a big boost to all our riding.

Off for a 10m hike to start the training. And when I get to the end of the garden I may well turn around and come back....

Cheers,

Ali

TP 01-May-2006 10:15

:lol:

Thanks for the website Dom, very amusing!

Age, that K3 looks awesome. It really does depend on the cost of hiring it as to whether it's feasible or not - we don't have much of a 'budget'!. Also, just how do you hang on to one of those things? Riding it for 8 hours will definintely be a challenge and an exercise in throttle control!

We're looking at as many options as we can at the moment but hope to have it narrowed quickly so we can get on with all the other planning.

Age any chance you can u2u me ballpark figures on hiring the K3?

Redruth 01-May-2006 10:29

Blimey, I take it you three race boys were in the pub on Friday night and came up with yet another way to avoid having a proper home life :lol::lol::lol:

Tim, you'll be getting plenty of sleepless night training in over the next couple of months so you'll be fit as a flea for this.

Dom's website design gets the essence of this plan, I reckon but I'd like to come along for the crack. Knowing my range of skills as you do, feel free to suggest any way I can help. I can't think of anything, other than making tea, but wouldn't miss it for the world. :roll::roll::roll:

Redruth 01-May-2006 10:39

Actually, I seem to recall I volunteered to marshall on this last year, before it all got downgraded to an 8 hour race. So you could put my name down for that, if you like. :rolleye:

TP 01-May-2006 13:10

Thanks very much for the very kind offer Ruth. Much appreciated!

Age, can you please let me know where the workshop is? You have a u2u.

:)

Grib 01-May-2006 13:58

Anybody that's done timekeeping fancy giving me some lessons some time?

This is the K1 600. Of course, I can sticker her up as required :)

Wouldn't cost much if you split it three ways, special racers discount too :smug: