Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Here at last........... (/showthread.php?t=5926)

luckywhiteheather 15-Mar-2004 11:17

Here at last...........

I'm a happy bunny today:sing:

Just got a call from my dealer to say that...............wait for it ...................
my belly pan has arrived! :roll:

There that hasn't taken long, only 11months!!!!!

Still better late than never, so hopefully I'll get bike booked in for later this week to get it fitted along with comfort seat and may as well get first service done at same time.

I'll post some piccies in due course.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

KeefyB 15-Mar-2004 21:52

Well that is good news!
I'll look forward to seeing the pics.
BTW,I saw a 'Strada with a Sargeant seat fitted last week.It looked great,a real quality bit of kit.Hmmmmmmmm!

Ian 15-Mar-2004 23:27

must have been on the same truck as my red Multistrada it arrived today at the dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you I would do it.....:sing:

KeefyB 16-Mar-2004 07:34

Thats great mate!Well done.
ENJOY!:D:D:D

luckywhiteheather 16-Mar-2004 09:43

Yeah, well done Ian.

Hope your joy is not as short lived as mine in relation to the belly pan.:(

Was passing Dealer yesterday when I thought , what the hell, I'll go and pick it up and fit it myself.

Well once I got it out the box I thought that it didn't look much like in the brochure. It's nothing more than a U-shaped cowl that kinda wraps itself around front of engine. DP brochure illustration clearly shows a definite 'pan' extending below engine/sump which in itself would offer some protection to the underside from all crud etc thrown up by front wheel. Fact is the 'cowl' as purchased is just that and at best is a cosmetic add-on offering little or no added engine protection. On top of all that the price had gone up by over £30 in the 11 months I've been waiting!
Not happy and taking it up with DUK. I'll keep you posted.

Having said all that I'll probably keep it as it is a cosmetic improvement, but can anyone give me any tips on how to undo the securing bolts on exhaust guard? There is a lug on cowl which doubles up on front fixing of guard but I couldn't for the life of me get the bolt to budge despite copious amounts of WD 40. I can only assume that with proximity to exhaust it's damn near welded itself on.

Not happy bunny any more!:mad:

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by luckywhiteheather]

Multi Rod 16-Mar-2004 20:18

LWH, so does the cowl look the same as in the catalogue apart from the fact that it does not go under the sump?? ( from front & side view is it the same). Can you post a pic unfitted?

KeefyB 16-Mar-2004 22:28

Hmm,
I looked at the Spareshack and Casoli offerings,(They look identical?) and they are the same.They are just cosmetic carbon and do little or nothing to protect the engine.I guess the belly pans are open at the bottom to allow access to the oil filters?
I had the bolts out of my exhaust guard recently.One came out easy but the other hung on till the last thread.Got it out eventually but knackered the bolt head.Luckily I had a spare in stock.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by KeefyB]

luckywhiteheather 17-Mar-2004 17:54

Here you are Multi Rod a couple of photos of belly pan (that's a misnomer if ever there was one).

luckywhiteheather 17-Mar-2004 17:58

Ooooppps!

Missed this one out.....

luckywhiteheather 17-Mar-2004 18:01

Oooopppps again!

put same photo up again! This should do it!