Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Private Adverts (/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Monster 620 Dark 04 Plate Rear Caliper and M/C units needed (/showthread.php?t=153872)

Fastfasulli 01-Oct-2012 12:52

Monster 620 Dark 04 Plate Rear Caliper and M/C units needed

Hi y'all,

Having problems with my rear locking up and i don't even use the rear brake. Tried a few tricks that I got off the forums but still doing the same thing. Thought I'd replace the units to see if that worked. If anyone has anything that would be helpful

Franco

aide998tt 01-Oct-2012 19:00

Hi There,

I have a thumb brake for sale from my 998 track bike, comes with caliper, master cylinder, red hose etc, basically everything you would need, also I have for sale standard full rear brake set up from the same bike, dont know if it will fit your bike thought:) .

Ghost 01-Oct-2012 19:56

Hi Franco, if you never press the pedal the brake can't lock on. but if you use it for holding the bike at lights on hill etc, then it can. The usual cause is the fluid return hole is blocked in the master cylinder bore. Its a very small orifice approx 0.5mm. The master has to be stripped to examine it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastfasulli
Hi y'all,

Having problems with my rear locking up and i don't even use the rear brake. Tried a few tricks that I got off the forums but still doing the same thing. Thought I'd replace the units to see if that worked. If anyone has anything that would be helpful

Franco

Fastfasulli 02-Oct-2012 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by aide998tt
Hi There,

I have a thumb brake for sale from my 998 track bike, comes with caliper, master cylinder, red hose etc, basically everything you would need, also I have for sale standard full rear brake set up from the same bike, dont know if it will fit your bike thought:) .

Thanks for the response. To be honest i'd prefer foot brake set up may be interested in normal brake set up.if it fits. What year is the bike?
Having said that may look into ghost's advice first

Fastfasulli 02-Oct-2012 20:31

Hi how are you doing? It's been a long time. Always been meaning to come and see you al race but not very good at watching as opposed to doing!!!!

Thanks for the advice. I genuinely never touch the rear brake unless I'm doing it by without realising.

But I am willing to look.into the return hole being an issue. Is it straight forward to strip them down?

skidlids 02-Oct-2012 23:41

Franco i've seen a couple of the later rear calipers have problems with there pistons seizeing. Not sure what the pistons are made of but it does look as though it was linked to lack of use.