Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   TA4 - Bullet cam loan offer :) (/showthread.php?t=19990)

Mr_S 22-Jul-2005 16:12

TA4 - Bullet cam loan offer :)

Since I've had a new hi-res bullet cam this week, my old one's going spare, so if anyone wants to borrow it for TA4 it's available.

If you want to borrow it, form an orderly queue here.If there's a bunch of people who want to give it a try, you could arrange amongst yourselves who has it in which session etc.

You'll need to supply

1. your own camcorder & cables for the AV IN
2. 8 AA Batteries (for the power)
3. A Velcro fastener pack from halfords (Heavy Duty Stickon 50mmx100mm) for the mount.

So for about a tenner you can give bullet cam a try out.

I'll help out with mounting etc, 748-998's are easy, the others may require a bit of thought :)

bradders 22-Jul-2005 16:13

you can help me with mine then....

Mr_S 22-Jul-2005 16:15

will do. Did you get the Velcro pack? I think it was you who told me about them.

Mine's all wired and ready to go :)

bradders 22-Jul-2005 16:16

yep - got valcro, just got to find a way of fixing the camcorder which wont get it fried and will get past TD police

Mr_S 22-Jul-2005 16:24

black masking tape to the yoke :)

748 ARSE 22-Jul-2005 16:44

I have a bullet camera fitted to my 748 and will be in the intermediate group, if anyone wants a copy after the day just let me know and I will burn some disks and post them to you. I got some great footage last year of the intermediate group as well.

WeeJohnyB 22-Jul-2005 17:09

Get yourself some mouse mat type material and some gaffa tape. This way it takes a lot of the vibration away and you can have the flexibility of putting it wherever you want, front, back, facing you etc. Depending on the size of your camera, mine used to fit in the tool tray of a 748. THE very best place to put it is to gaffa tape it to your helmet, (steady), this way it takes all the vibration out and it looks where you are looking.

If you are putting a camera on your bike, you will have to sign a form with the track management and have a marshall check it is secure.

WeeJohnyB

bradders 22-Jul-2005 17:13

WJB - I have a bum bag which secures by two valcro straps to the top yoke and doesnt affect the steering- reckon this will be ok? Oh - and are you teaching?? Where can I book:D

Rattler 22-Jul-2005 17:14

I've also got a bullet cam that can be borrowed if someones interested.

748 ARSE 22-Jul-2005 17:18

Johnny, My camera fits in the tool tray and is well out of the way. If I still need to sign a form will these be available on Monday. If not any chance you know who to contact ?
Thanks in advance for the info.